 Ambassadors / 270
Re: Opinions about LEGO consumer service
Newsgroups:
lugnet.ambassadors
Date:
Wed, 15 Aug 2007 16:42:52 GMT

In lugnet.general, Felix Greco wrote:

I wrote customer service a letter when I was seven to tell them I thought
correcting people who said 'laygoes' was lame.

I think it's spelled Lagos, and it's in Nigeria. No wonder they didn't know how
to answer ;-).

I have never called or had interactions with the costumer service
department.

I have, and it's been significantly positive... but I've learned never to call
on weekends. I've had missing parts... which have always been express shipped to
me, with a nice form letter apologizing. I've had broken motors (several, we
robot guys are cruel to them... or other robot guys are cruel to the robots of
competitors, however you want to think of it) or in one case a sensor (RCX),
which were replaced free of charge cheerfully. The last large (for me, several
100 $ US) order I placed with S@H arrived on time... but with two sets in the
box I did not order, and three that I did order not there. I called them up, and
within 10 minutes (including waiting on the phone) my missing sets were
re-shipped at no additional cost, and I was even told to use the extra sets or
donate them to someone who would appreciate them (!).

On the technical aspects, I'm not as sure - I've never had need to use them as
"tech service" (although I've certainly given them some from time to time, and
it's always been well received).

Is that what you're looking for?

--
Brian Davis