 Ambassadors / 285
Re: Opinions about LEGO consumer service
Newsgroups:
lugnet.ambassadors
Date:
Thu, 16 Aug 2007 17:59:35 GMT

In lugnet.ambassadors, Scott Lyttle wrote:
   In lugnet.ambassadors, John Neal wrote:
   In lugnet.ambassadors, Damon Burke wrote:
   In lugnet.ambassadors, John Neal wrote:
   In lugnet.ambassadors, Damon Burke wrote:

<snip>

   I even got another letter from Susan Williams.

<snip>

   Susan Williams was responsible for keeping a kid into a hobby with her respect and consideration. She has also helped to pull an adult back into that hobby by continuing that level of care and respect.

Uhhhhh, hem...haw.

Forget it; I don’t have the heart.

JOHN
John; Fill me in here. What am I missing?

Well, let’s just say that Santa, the Tooth Fairy, and Susan Williams have one thing in common....

Do a news search for “susan williams” and you’ll know what I’m talking about:-)

JOHN

Damon,

Susan Williams is right up there with “Film Director Alan Smithee”

Basically, it’s a made up name, probably to give a more human element to the overall Consumer services group. (Which as an overall, is pretty good!)

For BrickFest 2005, my badge read “Consort of Susan Williams”, which was a tip of the hat to the old joke between Derek Schin and Keith Goldman which was an integral part of BrickFest PDX ‘04), and to TLG at the same time. What was funny was that Kjeld noticed “Susan Williams” on my name badge when I was talking to him and getting him to sign my BrickJournal #1 printed copy.

Scott

So when was the “coming out” party? I noticed shortly after I got back into the hobby that there was no more “Susan Williams” on the letters. And here I thought that she must have finally retired! This is a great move by TLC, whoever came up with the idea is a genius!