 Ambassadors / 291
Re: Opinions about LEGO consumer service
Newsgroups:
lugnet.ambassadors
Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2007 04:39:47 GMT

In lugnet.ambassadors, Bob Parker wrote:
   In lugnet.ambassadors, Damon Burke wrote:
   And here I thought that she must have finally retired! This is a great move by TLC, whoever came up with the idea is a genius!

I would surmise that she was a real employee in customer service back when it was a smaller company and maybe she even personally replied to customer inquiries back when they weren’t as numerous as they would eventually become as TLG grew and grew (feel free to correct me if anyone has more specific info). At least that’s my theory about Ms. Williams. :-)

Of course, it could also have been a ploy to just put a human name to a faceless corporation like was said earlier.

Would any ambassador like to use their Lego contacts in the company to try to find out some more about Ms. Williams?

I am not sure she was ever real. A lot of companies use a name and when you ask for that person anyone can help you, but by using it they know why you called. Very common for a collection agency or a bank to do that. I used to call and ask for Susan and whoever answered would help me. If there was a Susan she must really be old by now and on social security. I need to go back in my old catalogs and she when they started and stoped that name. John P