 Ambassadors / 276
Re: Opinions about LEGO consumer service
Newsgroups:
lugnet.ambassadors
Date:
Thu, 16 Aug 2007 01:39:49 GMT

In lugnet.general, Felix Greco wrote:
   Hello all,

We have been asked to get gather some testimonials from AFOLs regarding the service of LEGO consumer services. Please respond to this post with any information you would like passed on. If you’ve interacted with them, please let us know if you’ve had positive interactions, problems, issues, or just general impressions you may have.

To got the ball rolling, here are my thoughts:

I wrote customer service a letter when I was seven to tell them I thought correcting people who said ‘laygoes’ was lame. I never recieved any correspondence back on this most important issue.

Otherwise, I have never called or had interactions with the costumer service department. Before meeting folks like Steve Witt and Jake McGee, my interactions with anyone from the company was at LEGO stores. For the most part, they never seemed to know much about the product beyond how to ring it up at the register. I doubt if I were missing a piece or had a major complaint that I would even contact costumer service at this point. These days we have community reps (Steve Witt, Ambassadors) who seem to fill that role and carry on opinions and concerns. My general impression is that if I call cosumer service, I’m going to get some desk employee who will have little to give me in the way of information or action.

Felix Greco

LEGO Ambassador

I have had only positive experiences with Lego Customer Service. When I was eight or nine I wrote customer service to get replacements for some broken pieces. Not only did I get the pieces, but also a hand signed letter from Susan Williams, head of customer service. In 2000 I needed the same help. This time I called and was very pleased with the level of service I received, I even got another letter from Susan Williams. The customer service representitive I talked to actually pointed me to Bricklink for parts that were no longer made and also suggested I check out Lugnet. If it wasn’t for that phone call I might not have gotten back into the hobby after so many years. Susan Williams was responsible for keeping a kid into a hobby with her respect and consideration. She has also helped to pull an adult back into that hobby by continuing that level of care and respect. Please pass onto TLC that there are some of us who continue to love the product, but stay for the service. Cheers.