 Ambassadors / 289
Re: Opinions about LEGO consumer service
Newsgroups:
lugnet.ambassadors
Date:
Thu, 16 Aug 2007 19:11:01 GMT

In lugnet.ambassadors, John Neal wrote:
   In lugnet.ambassadors, Damon Burke wrote:

   John; Since i can’t find any usefull info in the news section, please explain again for those of us who are not in on the joke. What is the full story on the how and why and when this was revealed? And just for the sake of it, I think this is the greatest marketing scam that has ever been executed. They won my loyalty by getting a signed letter to me as a kid. Brilliant!

Damon-

I am not the type that goes around saying “Santa isn’t real”. My kids are 18 & 20 and I still would never say that to them. That said, I dislike dishonesty as well. So, in beneign cases such as this, I just wink.

There are humorous threads on LUGNET throughout the years talking about the “outing” of Ms Williams; though AFAIK it has never been officially confirmed. Just winks;-)

So now you are on the inside:-) I hope you aren’t too disillusioned:-)

JOHN
I have two daughters, 2 and 8 weeks. I loathe the day that they discover that Santa is not what they imagine. As an adult I don’t get disillusioned any more. I still think that if she was never real it was brilliant marketing. I still remeber the day I received my replacemnt parts and the signed letter. Even if Susan Williams never existed the letter was signed by a real person and that made all of the difference. Even my parents thought that it was very unusual that a person would sign a letter to a child. I still say that Lego Customer Service is one of the best examples of what customer service should be, and is a model to other companies. Even now when I call everyone I talk to is pleasant and friendly. They make you feel that they care, and that is what is imporant. Thanks to all of you who answered my questions, just because there is no Santa dosen’t mean that Christmas is not magical. Cheers.