 General / 46387
Re: KKK described latest restructuring as "last chance" for Lego in FT article
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 01:24:18 GMT

In lugnet.general, John Barnes wrote:
In lugnet.general, Dave Schuler wrote:
Now, before anyone howls that I'm just pouring salt on TLG's wounds, let's
reflect:  TLG is suffering massive losses while is casts about for the solutions
for its waning market share.  So what is MEGABLOKS doing right that TLG is doing
wrong?

TLG needs a better Lego police force. Here in upstate New York, my local North
Utica Walmart has both Lego and megabloks sets on the shelves. The thing is,
unlike a year ago, when there was a clear distinction between an aisle of Lego
sets and another of megabloks, now they are on the same set of shelves. They are
totally mixed up while the aisle remains decorated with the Lego logo.

I've noticed the same thing. I generally take a minute to spread the offending
material as far as possible from the good stuff, so it's clear what's what, but
it's a losing proposition in the long run, since it gets mixed up before I leave
the store. In my local TRU the LEGO reps are actually pretty good about keeping
the shelves pure.

Maybe if LEGO enforced definitive shelf delineations with retailers, that would
help.

- Kelly