 General / 46464
Re: KKK described latest restructuring as "last chance" for Lego in FT article
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 2004 15:00:16 GMT

In lugnet.general, Steve Moldovanu wrote:

Do you know there is one good thing about all of this? Mega Bloks is a Canadian
company :D. I saw their products, they do stink, they are 'juniorized' but damn,
they do appeal more to kids. When I saw the Dragons sets from Mega Bloks on
display, I wanted to get thise set so badly but I know closer look reveals large
pieces and poor quality.

The actual quality isn't as bad as some people seem to think, but there has
indeed been juniorization in MEGABLOKS--almost as long as in LEGO sets.  Unlike
LEGO,  MEGABLOKS usually (though not always) offsets the juniorization with
generous quantities of standard bricks.  The Dragons sets don't do this quite as
well, but they do include some really nifty 1x2, 2x2, and 2x4 bricks with a kind
of rounded, rough-hewn look.  I'm less thrilled with the highly textured but
juniorized wall elements, though some of the bits and pieces could conceivably
be used to good effect.

Dave!