 General / 46375
46374  |  46376
Subject:
KKK described latest restructuring as "last chance" for Lego in FT article
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 21:02:59 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Following on the heels of the press release announced in this LUGNET article,

http://news.lugnet.com/mediawatch/?n=1448

There's a piece in the _Financial Times_ about the latest restucturing at Lego:

http://news.ft.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=FT.com/StoryFT/FullStory&c=StoryFT&cid=1079419676904

or http://makeashorterlink.com/?U27F24DB7

Key quotes:

""This is our last chance. We are at risk of losing our independence," said
Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen, Lego's chief executive and owner"

and

"Mr Kristiansen declined to speculate on whether the maker of the eponymous
coloured plastic building blocks could face a takeover should this latest
resuscitation attempt fail."

Ominous news.

--
Thomas Main