 General / 46386
Re: KKK described latest restructuring as "last chance" for Lego in FT article
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 00:03:19 GMT

In lugnet.general, Thomas Main wrote:
Following on the heels of the press release announced in this LUGNET article,

http://news.lugnet.com/mediawatch/?n=1448

There's a piece in the _Financial Times_ about the latest restucturing at Lego:

http://news.ft.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=FT.com/StoryFT/FullStory&c=StoryFT&cid=1079419676904

or http://makeashorterlink.com/?U27F24DB7

Key quotes:

""This is our last chance. We are at risk of losing our independence," said
Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen, Lego's chief executive and owner"

Since TLG is family owned, I would presume that this is referring to whomever
TLG has lines of credit with (banks, etc). What happens in DK...  is bankruptcy
there at all like the US ? (peering over the edge into the abyss)

and

"Mr Kristiansen declined to speculate on whether the maker of the eponymous
coloured plastic building blocks could face a takeover should this latest
resuscitation attempt fail."

Ominous news.

--
Thomas Main