 General / 334
333  |  335
Subject:
What is complete (was Re: New vs. old (was Re: More 1999 Figs... ?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 28 Oct 1998 20:29:34 GMT

Tim Courtney writes:

two tiniest M:Trons because I need those to be M:tron
complete :)

I think most completists agree that a total reissue (if under a different
number) does not take the place of the original set. So if they reissed an
M:tron set, you'd need both versions to be M:tron complete. (1)

Analogy is with the metro/retro station. To be 9V complete you need both. They
have different numbers.

Now, I think most completists don't go so far as to require that you have every
variant of a set with the same number, if the variants are language or country
specific differences only.

However, and most importantly, complete is what you say it is. :-)

1 - unless the new version came out as M:Tron II, in which case you would not
need it. By analogy with Blacktron I and II... you don't need any BT II sets to
be BT I complete and vice versa.

++Lar