 General / 310
Re: New vs. old (was Re: More 1999 Figs... ?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 26 Oct 1998 16:46:00 GMT

Steve Bliss <blisses@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
The problem (for me) is that the Insectoids sets (at least the smaller
ones) are only really good for building that one model.  They aren't as bad
(in this respect) as Time Cruisers sets were, but they aren't as generally
useful for building as pre-UFO space (or even pre-Explorien, if you
prefer).

I dunno. I've built several different ships using insectoid pieces -- and
my creations don't look insectoid in the least....

Besides, those darn Insectiod legs don't even bend at the knee!  If
they had been made with some amount of rotation (like, if they came
apart at the knee, and could be put back together at different
angles), they would be much more useful.  That would have redeemed
them, in my eyes.

Yes, I agree heartily here. Even better if they would interface nicely with
technic, for making walking robots...