 General / 319
Re: New vs. old (was Re: More 1999 Figs... ?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 27 Oct 1998 08:21:17 GMT

Richard W. Schamus wrote in message ...
Matthew Miller writes:
I agree -- and, they've opened the whole sexism can-o-worms by making only • a
tiny percentage of the people female. Back when the faces were generic, • that
was totally up to the person playing.

The only fallacy in this line of reasoning is the quantity of female hair
pieces that TLG made available in various town sets. I’ve always seemed to
find that my biggest bang for my buck for specialized pieces was in the
various themes that they have put out throughout the years. Town included. • If
TLG had placed more possible females in there, then I think others would • hold
the same opinion as you. The fact is that TLG practically foisted a male
oriented society on youngsters from the start, with females being an
afterthought in many cases with many sets. Like it’s almost a given that • there
would be females in the hospital settings, but hardly anywhere else. Tell • me
I’m wrong, (but support it with at least as many early set #’s with females
wigs that equal just male mini-figs/say, pre-1990ish: pre-Paradisia). Just • the
facts.

I think they're taking into account the non-haired people (hats, helmets,
etc, which could have been any gender.  Back then, they didn't provide extra
hair pieces for people with hats, so they could be whatever you wanted them
to be.

Jesse

Jesse The Jolly Jingoist
Looking for answers?