 General / 302
Re: New vs. old (was Re: More 1999 Figs... ?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 26 Oct 1998 12:35:39 GMT

Matthew Miller writes:
Tim Courtney <tcourtney@nospam.avenew.com> wrote:
I don't see much in Insectoids.  The main reason is that they have so many
specialized pieces.  If they built the same shapes with the pieces they had

I dunno. They've got the legos, which would be more useful if they were
movable, but still can be applied elsewhere. And the wings are pretty
special-purpose, but they look cool anyway. :) What other specialized pieces
are you referring to?

Those in general, plus other Insectoids-secific parts.  I don't know for sure
the magnitude of Lego's mold obsessiveness, since I don't own one.  I think it
was definitely a step in the wrong direction for them.  Maybe if enough
classic lovers send messages somehow, they'll at least re-issue some of the
most popular sets....  I would like to see re-issues of the Galaxy Explorer,
the Futuron monorail, the BT1 Base, that light and sound big fat classic
starship, and the two tiniest M:Trons because I need those to be M:tron
complete :)

-tim <><
http://trc.osiriscomm.com