 General / 28737
Re: LEGO Company announces poor performance in year 2000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 15:04:09 GMT

Yeah, I appreciate your posts, too.

In lugnet.general, Paul Gyugyi writes:
Suz, you've become wise beyond my expectations. I now go out
of my way to read your posts, whereas before I tended to skip
the defender-of-the-lego-copyright posts. :)

What I _hope_ the press release says is:
"All that money we were going to spend on a Harry Potter video
game and Bioniclemusic.com and comic books? We're putting
it back into set design! Our sets will have a larger variety of
small pieces.  Focus groups will recommend more pieces to
connect Bionicle to normal bricks!  Martian legs will be
redesigned so they fit on upside-down torsos!  The entire
division dedicated to designing cheap plastic boxes for
slizers and racers will be canned! The Lego Pens that have
bricks that are not even a normal lego size will be sold
at loss and the profits invested in chalkboards where the decision
makers can write "It's the BRICKS, stupid!" 1000 times. each morning.
Themes will be exended to have a second release, like an extra year
of Rock Raiders, with smaller cockpits (4x10, like the prototype
pictures) and normal minifigs with smiles and no names.  Castle
buckets and Space Buckets (containing 50% basic bricks) will be
released. Anyone who proposes a light-and-sound element larger
than 4x6 studs will be defenstrated.  A castle expansion for the
RDS will be released, with instructions for building motorized
drawbridges and waterwheels out of normal bricks.  The LoM shuttle
will be recalled and re-released to be plug compatible with the
spaceport shuttle.  We will sell the ZNAP fab machines and use the
money to make molds for 1x2-plates-with-sidebar that don't have
mis-alignement ridges that prevent them from staying in place in
the new LoM sets.  The FLASH web adventure for bionicle will be
stopped immediately.  The money will be spent on playtesting sets
and seeing if splitting a 2x4 brick into two 1x4s allows a
wider range of alternate models."

But I doubt it. sigh.

-gyug

In lugnet.general, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
Because they've said it directly to my face. I didn't believe it, not in the way
most folks here see it meaning. I saw a face that wanted (in a fantasy) to have
things back-to-basics, but was having say something else.

The words spoken to me were the same ones as in the PR.