 General / 28293
Re: LEGO Company announces poor performance in year 2000
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 16:53:20 GMT

HALLELUJAH! LEGO has finally admitted that getting away from made them great
has failed - and miserably. Now that the non-brick and garbage-brick
ventures have been exposed as unprofitable as well as unpopular, they can
get back to the good stuff and make money again!

Well I (like others) wish I could share your optimism.  I personally will wait
for my pudding(1) before getting very excited.  The news release sounded kind
of "party line" to me.  Who knows what TLC thinks is their problem.  Maybe they
think Bulk Sales were their mistake...

Eric Kingsley

1.  Thats where the proof is.

The New England LEGO Users Group