 General / 28667
Re: What Kids really want. Not Juniorization.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 14:57:19 GMT

Mike Horvath wrote in message ...
I don't remember caring much what kind of bags they were in.  As long as
they ended up looking like what was on the outside of the box when the
building was done!  I think I actually preferred the items sorted by type,
as opposed to sub-assembly (helps you learn how to compartmentalize things
based on different criteria, besides just the superficial things, like
color, I guess).
The way they do it now makes it too easy!  Uh, I hope I didn't insult • your
son.  I played with Playmobil when I was five.  Legos were too
complicating.

Lego has stated that they believe kids don't want to spend as much time
building and this was a reason for Jr. sets. The separate bags also speed up
the buillding process, but the sets don't necessarily have to be Jr.

My point was that I would rather have sorted bags rather than junior sets to
speed up the building process.

Rose

Actually the mini bag sets speed up the building process with out
compromising the set design.

Rose