 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2101
Re: What Kids really want. Not Juniorization.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 02:52:58 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Mike Petrucelli writes:
I think this is a wonderful idea.  I think it would be a much better item for
kids to collect than Bonicle.  I also think that a tub like 3033 with grey,
dark grey, brown, and tan as the four primary colors would be a "bestseller."

I actually emailed LEGO with this exact same thought!

... snip of my email...
What I would like to see, are new 'Blue Tub' type values: a 1200 piece
plates tub would sell very well, as would another basic brick tub with some
basic slopes. Also, a 'non primary colour' bulk tub would sell well (greys,
tans, black, white plates and bricks) as would an 'unusual colours' tub:
orange, purple green plates/ bricks + slopes.
...unsnip?

Amazingly, they replied (just a short email saying "thanks for the ideas, we
may or may not be able to implement them" but hey, that's something still)

Mike, I also agree with your earlier post about people thinking MegaBloks
are the good Lego sets; I mean piece quality aside, those designs look a lot
more like the designs we remember from TLC from years past (not the
juniorized stuff we're getting now). Unfortunately, my previous post
confused everyone to the point of you replying with you saying you don't
care about the packaging as long as the product is good.

I agree. That's not what I said, but I can't blame you for misconstruing if
it clearly confused others (that was only 1 line in my post, actually, and I
said I don't really care either way). I just want the product to be good
too: I think the product would be better if there weren't random colours
inserted. I'd love to see a LEGO set like the MB battleship, for instance.