 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2081
Re: What Kids really want. Not Juniorization.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 4 Mar 2001 20:21:29 GMT

Mike Petrucelli wrote in message ...
I find it very hard to belive no one had anything to comment on about this.
Then I relized it was only posted to lugnet.general.

http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=28214

I certainly found my results intereting.

I think that it was interesting, but this topic has been discussed numerous
times. One Lego employee wrote about it http://news.lugnet.com/lego/?n=89

"As you might imagine, the lack of time is one of the significant factors
that hinders our responses.  To write a detailed response that caters to
your needs is quite a complex task.  Some of your questions would require
volumes to answer rather than a short, quick message.  Case in point:
"Juniorization." I can tell you right now that kids have told the Company
that they have less time to build and want things that are faster to build,
therefore the Company has created what you call "Juniorized" sets.  [The
very fact that I mentioned this is likely to solicit a mile long response
which we will not likely be able to respond to(which brings me to the next
point).]"

Since this post, I feel that we are wasting our time.

I think the jack stone and creator sets are suppose to fill the 3-6 year old
gap in their line and these may very well be juniorized. I can be hopeful
that maybe this means they will not juniorize town any more, but I am sure
Lego will disappoint me.

Rose