 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2141
Re: What Kids really want. Not Juniorization.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 00:35:30 GMT

And the random Darth Vader, or something.

In lugnet.lego.direct, William R. Ward writes:
"A. Mark Wilburn" <amwilburn@iname.com> writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Mike Petrucelli writes:
I think this is a wonderful idea.  I think it would be a much better item for
kids to collect than Bonicle.  I also think that a tub like 3033 with grey,
dark grey, brown, and tan as the four primary colors would be a "bestseller."

I actually emailed LEGO with this exact same thought!

... snip of my email...
What I would like to see, are new 'Blue Tub' type values: a 1200 piece
plates tub would sell very well, as would another basic brick tub with some
basic slopes. Also, a 'non primary colour' bulk tub would sell well (greys,
tans, black, white plates and bricks) as would an 'unusual colours' tub:
orange, purple green plates/ bricks + slopes.
...unsnip?

Amazingly, they replied (just a short email saying "thanks for the ideas, we
may or may not be able to implement them" but hey, that's something still)

I totally agree that this would be a killer set - I know that those of
us who do lego sculpture would gobble those unusual-color tubs up like
mad.

Another marketing angle they could use: make it a "Star Wars Tub" with
a bunch of grey, dark grey, tan, and brown bricks.

Lego, are you listening?