 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2136
Re: What Kids really want. Not Juniorization.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 00:03:50 GMT

And to comment on a previous message, my version of the fastfood analogy
would be that, while McDonald's has had both successes and failures with
new products, McNuggets vs. Pizza for example, they haven't significantly
changed the Big Macs that helped get them to the top of their field in the
first place. I completely understand Lego branching into software and
introducing "Juniorized" sets to appeal to the non-builders of the world
but when there's nothing left in their line except Junior sets what are
the builders going to play with? Answer: Not Lego.

That's brilliant!
Except, I wouldn't mind them branching into software and other material if
they were as good as the Big Mac.  You have to remember quality over
quantity...  . Or, something like that!
I actually wouldn't mind buying Lego software, if i found out that I enjoyed
it!  That goes for the other stuff that they come out with, as well.