 LEGO Company / 89
88  |  90
Subject:
LEGO is listening! (was...are you listening?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sat, 4 Nov 2000 08:45:44 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Dear LEGO fans,

The LEGO Company IS listening.  I have spent some time reading the posts
here tonight and you can rest assured that the company is well aware of
LUGNET and your concerns, desires and feedback.

As some of you have acknowledged, there is quite a bit of discussion going
on here that can prove difficult for the Company to respond to. We may
indeed have the answers but two issues come to mind: time and "appropriateness."

As you might imagine, the lack of time is one of the significant factors
that hinders our responses.  To write a detailed response that caters to
your needs is quite a complex task.  Some of your questions would require
volumes to answer rather than a short, quick message.  Case in point:
"Juniorization." I can tell you right now that kids have told the Company
that they have less time to build and want things that are faster to build,
therefore the Company has created what you call "Juniorized" sets.  [The
very fact that I mentioned this is likely to solicit a mile long response
which we will not likely be able to respond to(which brings me to the next
point).]

Although there are many LEGO employees like myself who review these
comments, the guidelines are not clear as to who should be the official
voice for such questions. Typically our communications teams handle "media"
inquiries but web initiatives such as LUGNET threads fall into a loosely
defined category. Because of this, many of our co-workers choose not to
respond fearing that it is not appropriate for them to be a voice of the
Company.

It is a fact that the Company could improve our online communications to
you.  Perhaps Brad and I will have an internal discussion about this. My
guess is that you may not require a response to every post but you would
certainly like to know we are listening.

We are.

Ashley Glennon
Manager of Sales, Promotions and Sponsorships
LEGOLAND California