 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2102
2101  |  2103
Subject:
Soccer Download Page on LEGO.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 19:51:40 GMT

A couple of days ago, my son and I were at the store, and we noticed the
"Soccer Bus with a Soccer Ball" (Team Transport, #3411) were all gone[1],
and the shelves were now stocked with the Americas Bus set #3406.

This afternoon, I was talking about this and the bus variations with
Kristin.  She asked if LEGO sold an accessory pak with just the team
stickers.  I agreed this would be a keen idea.

So you imagine it was a pleasant surprise when I surfed to
www.lego.com/soccer and discovered that the sheets were available as
downloadable images.[2]  Good idea!

But then I realized the download page,
http://www.lego.com/soccer/download.asp is broken.  There are 7 images that
are supposed to be links to the full image pages.  Of these, only the first
is actually a link.  The other six are only images.

And when I click the one existing link, I get a javascript error instead of
transferring to the right page.

This is not good.  It's frustrating for people visiting the page, and it's
bad PR for LEGO.

:(

The good news (for me) is that I can do a "View | Source" to see what the
target of the one link is supposed to be, and from that I can figure out the
URLs for the other 6 images.  But according to LUGNET rules, since LEGO
hasn't published those URLs on lego.com, they aren't for public consumption.
So I can't post the URLs here so other people can access the images as well.

--
Steve
1) The fact that the 3411 were gone is not surprising: the day before, we