 General / 2693
Re: Virtual Flower Delivery Service
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 20:21:19 GMT

Class act.

Suzanne D. Rich wrote in message <36CB84E7.9F911002@baseplate.com>...

So!
OK, everybody. Get this!

I'm like away in NYC for a week. Havin' a fine time. I'm playing with toys,
slurpin' beverages with other LEGO folks. MEANWHILE...
this is going on (!!!!!)

"Timothy D. Freshly" wrote:
[snip]
I agree, however, that there is no need to charbroil Keith.  A light
toasting was sufficient.  ;-D

Good heavens. That's it!
There ought to be a law against one's SO posting on their behalf!
I think that's two years in a row, Mr L. .
;-)
Geez, If it hadn't been for a tip from a buddy who reads the messages here
more regularly than I do (thanks, Ed), I never would have known about this • thread.

Oh suuure, my SO passed along a few nice comments, but he avoided mentioning
all this flutter! Hey, I didn't even get any LEGO flowers from him this year!
Well, ok so the real thing IS better. (thank you, sweetie)

Anyway. I'd hate to have you all think I'm not wanting to reply here myself.

BTW, thanks for the positive comments from so many of you. It makes me very
happy to think of the flowers bringing cheer to friends out there.

[...]
True, if someone actually clicks on the URL and goes to the site, they'll
definitely understand that it's not spam.

Here's where I give Keith my smiling wink and elbow.
:-)
The funny thing is, IT IS SPAM! At least it is from the point of view of the
minifig citizens of Legopolis, who don't yet have their own newsgroups. See,
Harry is a pretty clever 'fig who managed to squeeze his post through to the
human dimension. Hey, the guy just wanted to pick up a little extra business,
right? I think that the fact he got caught spamming is hilarious. Maybe I'll
put him in jail for a day... nah!
:-)

Next year, send your flames to: harry@baseplate.com

Ob Lego:

I guess I better introduce myself and say hi to the group (as this is my
first post in lugnet.general).  I'm a 27 year old Lego maniac, whose dark
ages were 87-98.  Classic space, classic Town, and all Castle are my
interests.  Been reading RTL since July 98 (never posted, probably never
will) and have been lurking on LUGNet since it was opened to the public.  I
figured it was about time another voice entered the fray, so to speak.  It
is nice to meet all of you.

Tim

Welcome, Tim. Glad to hear you're having fun with LEGO again.

-Suz.