 General / 2623
Re: Virtual Flower Delivery Service
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 11:25:39 GMT

In lugnet.general, talonts@vfaq.com (Tom Stangl, VFAQman) writes:
Well, in his defense, he was right.....sort of...

How often do you see spam in a newsgroup?  And how often do you follow a
link in a spam to check it out?  I sure as heck don't.

But how often do you post a public reply to a message containing a
prominently located URL without checking out what's on that URL first?

Anyway, no harm done.  Anyone could've mistaken it for spam, as you point
out.

The ONLY reason I followed it to check it out was because Suzanne posted
it.  If if would have been non-Lego, I was prepared to flame the hell out
of her.

If it were anyone else (even Larry or Mike) except Suzanee or Todd, I would
have never followed the link.

I think Suzanne's wording could have been a bit better to note to people
that it WAS Lego related.  Nothing in the original post said so.

Hmm, good idea for next year.  I guess we think of Legopolis as such a real-
life thing (anthropomorphized, that is) that we tend to forget that it's
not.

Just as a cat or a dog hates it when they learn that they're not actually a
person, so do minifigs.  (Shhh...  :)

--Todd