 General / 2669
Re: Virtual Flower Delivery Service
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 22:54:38 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote in message ...
In lugnet.general, cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com (Mike Stanley) writes:
Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:

[...]
True, if someone actually clicks on the URL and goes to the site, they'll
definitely understand that it's not spam.  Yet, it's reasonable to cut • someone
some slack who didn't recognize the poster's name and who didn't see the
characters "lego" embedded in the URL.  Certainly, based on the content of • the
message posting, it was one of the most spam-looking things seen here in a • long
time.

Of course, let's remember where "here" is; namely LUGNet, a moderated
(however lightly) private service where true spammers can not get to due to
the registration requirement (someone correct me if I'm wrong on this).

I agree, however, that there is no need to charbroil Keith.  A light
toasting was sufficient.  ;-D

Ob Lego:

I guess I better introduce myself and say hi to the group (as this is my
first post in lugnet.general).  I'm a 27 year old Lego maniac, whose dark
ages were 87-98.  Classic space, classic Town, and all Castle are my
interests.  Been reading RTL since July 98 (never posted, probably never
will) and have been lurking on LUGNet since it was opened to the public.  I
figured it was about time another voice entered the fray, so to speak.  It
is nice to meet all of you.

Tim