 General / 16107
Re: What non-LEGO entities are lurking in your LEGO collection?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 01:14:27 GMT

Shiri Dori <shirid@hotmail.com> wrote in message
So I took as many parts as I possibly could, including all minifigs (I'm
thankful for that!), animals and special pieces. Little did I know that • the
pieces that would be the hardest to find would be... plates!

Ah!  This explains (in part) the heavy predominance of minifigs over other
pieces on your web site.

Oh well, my collection will be arriving here in pieces (thank goodness I • have
big sisters that come visit me! :) and in the summer I'll be in Israel, • and
snag all the plates, BURPs, castle walls and whatnot that I can...
And I have to say that all the lego I achieved in the past 13 years is • just a
bit more than what I've accumulated this year. Lego sets are hard to get • in
Israel, plus they are majorly expensive. I used to buy/get lego only from
abroad, in various ways (via travelling parents, relatives, and other ;-). • Not
to mention that the jobs I could get as 14 year old in Israel paid *much* • less
than the jobs I can get as a 16 y/o in the US... So there's a bright side • to
this.

I had to get some stuff from Europe back when they didn't sell LEGO trains
in the US.

Good for you! I hope to manage the same...

I hear you alluding to studying a lot in your messages.  Keep it up and good
jobs will come to you!

Great! Just remember, you don't want 3-month year old kids near your
town...  ;-)

This is why I want a separate room so I can put a gate over it!

P.S. I like the winged horse on your site.

Thanks! It was inspired by Richard Schamus' winged horses:
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/1334/

Thats a cool site.  I've never seen that one before.

By the way, with regards to your site, when I sent mail to the address given
on the links page, I got no reply.  I had to complain in the LUGNET general
group, and then Todd put it right in.  So, if you don't get any response, I
suggest trying the same.

Brad