 General / 16092
Re: What non-LEGO entities are lurking in your LEGO collection?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 15:28:26 GMT

In lugnet.general, Brad Hamilton writes:
What, separated from (the bulk of) your LEGO bricks?  How can you stand it?

What separated me from my lego was a move from Israel to the US. I had too
much to fit in a suitcase or two, and my parents said flat-out no to shipping
anything - costs are enormous.
So I took as many parts as I possibly could, including all minifigs (I'm
thankful for that!), animals and special pieces. Little did I know that the
pieces that would be the hardest to find would be... plates!

Oh well, my collection will be arriving here in pieces (thank goodness I have
big sisters that come visit me! :) and in the summer I'll be in Israel, and
snag all the plates, BURPs, castle walls and whatnot that I can...
And I have to say that all the lego I achieved in the past 13 years is just a
bit more than what I've accumulated this year. Lego sets are hard to get in
Israel, plus they are majorly expensive. I used to buy/get lego only from
abroad, in various ways (via travelling parents, relatives, and other ;-). Not
to mention that the jobs I could get as 14 year old in Israel paid *much* less
than the jobs I can get as a 16 y/o in the US... So there's a bright side to
this.

Actually, when I moved out of my parents house into a condo, I didn't have
room for my LEGO collection, so I "convinced" myself I was too old for them
anyhow.

Now that I moved into a house, I have an extra room devoted to LEGO (and a
computer).  Its strange because I moved into the house for other reasons
(better noise protection from neighbors) and I had an extra room I needed to
fill (I don't like empty space), so I put up a small LEGO layout.  That
layout grew and grew and grew!

Good for you! I hope to manage the same...

Now, with thoughts of children on the horizon, I'm looking for a BIGGER
house so I can have children AND LEGO.

Great! Just remember, you don't want 3-month year old kids near your
town...  ;-)

P.S. I like the winged horse on your site.

Thanks! It was inspired by Richard Schamus' winged horses:
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/1334/

The difference being, I didn't have the wingy pieces... So I used dragon wings.

How come you don't have your
site added to the LUGNET links?

I never thought of that! I will, thanks!

-Shiri