 General / 16108
Re: What non-LEGO entities are lurking in your LEGO collection?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 01:15:56 GMT

ooooh - I never thought about aquiring LEGO from garage sales.  I'll have to
check that out!

Maggie Cambron <mcambron@pacbell.net> wrote in message
Erik Olson wrote:

In lugnet.general, Brad Hamilton writes:
What interesting things have you found in your LEGO collection?

this is too fun...

Old Lego collection detritus:

<snip>

For the most part detritus is right!  I have found much of what others • have found.
In addition, here are some memorable finds:

Once I found a bucket at a flea market, and when I got it home and dumped • it out on
the kitchen floor, a cockroach crawled out.  (Now I am more careful!)

A Paradisa Cabana Beach set in pristine condition contained a collection • of
beautiful little cowry shells.

As I dug through a box of miscellaneous Lego and other toys from a garage • sale I
found a book of food stamps.  When I returned them the people didn't seem • at all
surprised that they left several dollars worth of food stamps in a box of • toys they
were discarding.

Maggie C.