 General / 16072
Re: What non-LEGO entities are lurking in your LEGO collection?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 04:33:48 GMT

In lugnet.general, Brad Hamilton writes:
I forgot.  I also have some bits and pieces of old Micronaut toys.  These
were my favorites prior to my discovering LEGO.  They were made up of
interchangeable pieces as well.  They were popular in about 1973-77.  Did
anyone play with these?

All the time -- they were much easier to get than Star Wars figures!

Eventually, though, the play value fell victim to the screwdriver! The varieties
of peg and connector families gave place to studying the types of screws and the
proper tools to get them out! Once open, the Micronauts revealed an inner world
of intricately connected gears, rods, motors, springs, rubber bands, ball and
socket joints, and a bit of glue (oops.) The ultimate in disassembly was the
Stratastation motorized base which was powered by the wheels of a car parked on
the middle level (so like the proverbial trapped hamster...)

Somehow the Micronauts never fit back together as tightly again. Baron Karza's
butt forever rattled after the operation.