 General / 16069
Re: What non-LEGO entities are lurking in your LEGO collection?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 03:40:44 GMT

I wonder if they were attempting to clean the plates with the belt-sander.
Before I discovered Brasso, sanding was a desparation move for rare white
pieces that were discolored or dirty.

Erik Olson <olsone@spamcop.net> wrote in message
What interesting things have you found in your LEGO collection?

I found these in somebody else's 1981-era collection:

1 blue 2x3 brick from the 60's (acetate whatever)
A similar white 2x4
Hey, these might be clones, but they're GOOD clones!
a broken red 2x10 plate
3 of those chunky hollow soft plastic bricks, .5x1 inch, with two square • "studs"
but milky-clear, not orange-red (one is a "tile" - no studs)
Half a blue 1x2 shutter
Some of those twisty metal how-do-you-get-them-apart puzzles
half a toy plastic knitting needle
a little metal button
a broken shield from 677
several white plates that appear to have belt-sanded to destruction
A red-orange, flat plastic Hamburgler image perched on a rod ending in a • C-
shaped grip. Part of a mobile?
A suction dart
The sticker off an Atari 2600 "space invaders*"
A metal snap-on clip, vaguely fish-shaped, with a fisheye hook affixed to • the
tail end
Crayons, bent
Pencil Eraser, rock hard
Armless Exxon minifig torso
A round white circular stand with a peghole (hey it fits the knitting • needle)
1 yellow 1x1 Tente brick
A 1" black train(?) wheel made in Hong Kong
A dog-chewed dk.gray bullet helmet
Sparkly blue sequin
A 2.5" katana
A 3" sword obviously from a Masters of the Universe
Another one of those 2" rivet sword-things! I'm not the only one!

Maybe I should put this back on e-bay where it came from...