 General / 16079
Re: What non-LEGO entities are lurking in your LEGO collection?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 05:45:51 GMT

In lugnet.general, Brad Hamilton writes:
Oh Yeah!

I had that set.  I remember that one.  It had a little lever so you could
make the elevator turn based on the car's wheels.

Thanks, I couldn't for the life of me remember just WHY you had to park the car
there. I would put the elevator column in the horizontal position and use it to
suck in a hapless victim.

Do you remember BioTron and GyroCopter?

BioTron was the big big guy, right? Never had him. I have my vehicles confused
too. There was a fleet of one-guy vehicles like Rhodium Orbiter, Thorium
something. A few of them fit the metal guys but most only fit the Time Traveler
figure. Then there was the Acroyear figure who didn't sit in anything, he had
bendable knees only, and two purple discs on his backpack wing thing. Chrome
purple head only a Shogun Mother could love, too.

My favorite were the magnetic series. Baron Karza was my first Micronaut
actually. Black armored limbs and body, detachable magnet ball joints at the
hips and shoulders and neck, shooting fist and belly button launchers! Yeah. You
could rearrange his limbs, or make a centaur if you had his horse Andromeda.
There was a white antithesis of him too... it was this white magnetic guy that I
last saw in a store under the brand "Interchangeables" in 1989!

I also had the blue and white wheeled space cruiser that built a towering robot
out of the center.  Or you could take the two cylinder sections down and make a
kind of wheeled moon bus. The two arms were easy to break.

Wasn't that what happened with all the Micronauts eventually? The pegs would
break, they'd be crippled, or a Time Traveler's wrists would snap (ow!)

I have an ish of the Marvel comic somewhere here, filed away with Star Wars #35
and #36.