 Events / BrickFest / *2058 (-100)
  Re: Needed: Castle Coordinator for BrickFest PDX 2004

(...) I hear the .spacers are pretty excited about the prospect of Frank as castle coordinator, he won't be around to stop any internecine warfare like the "incidents" that happened at NWBrickCon, and evil will run amok. :-) Hide those sheep! (21 years ago, 23-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Official BrickFest PDX Hotel

(...) Sounds great! Can international attendees also get this rate? Do they have internet bookings? If so, could you please post a link on that page? If not, is there anyone going that would like to share a room? Regards ROSCO (21 years ago, 23-Dec-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Needed: Castle Coordinator for BrickFest PDX 2004

Hi folks, I'm standing in for Castle Coordinator for BrickFest PDX 2004 however, we would really love to have a more dedicated Castle Coordinator. Perhaps the fact that I will probably be bringing more Space MOCs than Castle MOCs will be an (...) (21 years ago, 22-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Airline Fares to Portland

I'm notsure I am going to be ableto go to BrickFest PDX but I just got an email from Southwestern about a new promotion they are running for flights in that time period. *$39 to $99 one-way for travel Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday. *$44 to $139 (...) (21 years ago, 19-Dec-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: You're invited to the first BrickFest MINI MOC Flyin!

Sweeeeeet. Let the bricks hit the floor! and the ideas soar! Rick (21 years ago, 18-Dec-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Official BrickFest PDX Hotel

Hi All, Well we have an official BrickFest PDX hotel, the Red Lion. Details and photos are on the BrickFest PDX web site ((URL) The Red Lion is located across the northeast corner from the Oregon Convention Center, about a 3 minute walk (maybe a 1 (...) (21 years ago, 17-Dec-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.loc.us.or, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.loc.us.id, lugnet.loc.us.nv, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us.mt, lugnet.loc.us.wy, lugnet.loc.us.ut) !

  Re: BrickFest call for club and organization links

(...) accessible. Everything appears to be working again. Christina Hitchcock BrickFest PDX (URL) (21 years ago, 17-Dec-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest) !

  You're invited to the first BrickFest MINI MOC Flyin!

Hi all, I'm happy and proud to extend an invitation to everyone in the community to participate in the First BrickFest MINI MOC Flyin! What is the Flyin? This is a display that is open to anyone interested in displaying, regardless of whether or not (...) (21 years ago, 17-Dec-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.town) !!

  BrickFest call for club and organization links

This is an invitation to all clubs and organizations that have members registered to attend BrickFest PDX 2004. ON our main page have a list of links to clubs and sponsors that are participating in the event. Simply email info@brickfest.com and (...) (21 years ago, 16-Dec-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org, lugnet.loc.us.or, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.loc.us.id, lugnet.loc.us.nv, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us.mt) !

  BrickFest PDX Community Involvement Update

I'm starting to get lots of questions from many of you about what to do and how to get involved in BrickFest PDX. So here is a short list. I hope this will help. Register (URL) Advanced registration deadline is January 30th. Then, Preparing for the (...) (21 years ago, 15-Dec-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.loc.us.or, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.loc.us.id, lugnet.loc.us.nv, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us.mt) !!

  Mosaics at BrickFest PDX

Hello all-- I'm organizing the Mosaic Session at BrickFest PDX and I'm looking for anyone who is planning on bringing a mosaic to Portland...I'd like to set up a nice display area for any and all LEGO mosaics! And if you're not going to be able to (...) (21 years ago, 15-Dec-03, to lugnet.build.mosaic, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Call for Brick Bazaar and Auction Participants at BrickFest PDX 2004

Brick Bazaar Announcement BrickFest PDX in Portland, Oregon, USA is only 2 months away, February 13-15 2004! Now is the time to mark your calendars for the Brick Bazaar and Set Auction at the event! Go to www.brickfest.com and register for BrickFest (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.loc.us.or, lugnet.loc.us.id, lugnet.loc.us.mt) !!

  Re: Call for LDraw/CAD Related Presentations at BrickFest™ PDX 2004

Everyone - I haven't received any confirmed LDraw sessions for BrickFest PDX yet. We're just about two months away from the fest. If you have something to share about LDraw tools and will be attending the event, please contact me and we can work out (...) (21 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Call for BrickFest 2004 Event-Graphic

(...) Update on BrickFest PDX event logo search. This is a general reminder about the deadline of December 15th. We have received one entry to date and I know that there are some very creative graphic designers and artist within our community. If (...) (21 years ago, 4-Dec-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.org, lugnet.people, FTX)

  Re: BF 2003 Container Swap

(...) (I changed that, the TM is strongly encouraged) (...) I am not aware of any stickers that one applied to all containers. Some clubs may have chosen to put things on theirs. There was a commemorative container that was sold but that's a (...) (21 years ago, 3-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Brickfest question

Crossposted to events.brickfest since I THINK you're asking about BrickFest PDX not NWBrickCon. (...) As to your questions ... Some reading of the archives of events.brickfest might be helpful in giving more detail... I don't want to sound (...) (21 years ago, 3-Dec-03, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Seeking session/expo coordinators for sculpture/mosaic, castle, mindstorms/technic/robotics

The BrickFest PDX organizing committee is seeking session/expo volunteers for the following areas: Sculpture/Mosaic Castle Mindstorms/Technic/Robotics These are important areas that don't yet have dedicated coordinators. If you're planning to attend (...) (21 years ago, 3-Dec-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.build.mosaic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, FTX) !

  Re: BrickFest PDX Hotels

Steve Barile recently scoped out a few of the hotels and the BrickFest PDX web site now has updated hotel information. (URL) Red Lion has been selected as the Hotel of choice for the event. It is located across the northeast corner from the Oregon (...) (21 years ago, 3-Dec-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BF 2003 Container Swap

(...) IIRC, you're a member of the nascent M>LTC, right? The containers are the standard 4x8 containers that LEGO uses. (1) These are somewhat on the small side, especially for clubs that work in 8 wide, but it's sort of tradition at this point. (...) (21 years ago, 30-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest? PDX website & registration launch!!!

(...) Hey Cool! I was perusing the "who's coming" section of the BrickFest PDX web site and saw that Rene Hoffmeister, creator of (URL) 1000Steine>, Germany's answer to LUGNET, is registered to attend! That's awesome! I hope more Europeans (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Brickfest PDX Hotels

"Scott Lyttle" <datafx7@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:HoB4os.1EAA@lugnet.com... (...) Convention (...) 1 (...) got the (...) I'm not a local but since the company I work for is based in Portland I get there quite a bit and I am always in a (...) (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Brickfest PDX Hotels

Can any locals comment on the state of the hotels around the Portland Convention Center? I've noticed the Holiday Inn is now apparently a Red Lion. The Inn at the Convention Center apparently used to be Best Western, got a 1 star rating, and Best (...) (21 years ago, 13-Nov-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest™ PDX website & registration launch!!!

URL for non FTX friendly systems: (...) (21 years ago, 13-Nov-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Call for LDraw/CAD Related Presentations at BrickFest™ PDX 2004

Call for LDraw/CAD Related Presentations at BrickFest™ PDX 2004 Its time to start looking forward to (URL) BrickFest™ PDX 2004>! Its hard to believe that in just four short months, this event will be upon us. Therefore, I'm soliciting LDraw/LEGO CAD (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.cad, FTX) !

  Call for Train Related Presentations at BrickFest™ PDX 2004

Call for Train Related Presentations at BrickFest™ PDX 2004 If you've ever been to a Brickfest, you know it is loads of fun. A big part of the fun is the opportunity to learn from each other... and BrickFest PDX will be no different, learning (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, FTX) !

  Call for BrickFest 2004 Event-Graphic

The organizers of BrickFest(TM) PDX 2004 would like to extend an invitation to the community to submit their graphic ideas/artwork for consideration in the BrickFest PDX event-graphic contest. The event-graphic (not to be confused with the BrickFest (...) (21 years ago, 27-Oct-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.org, lugnet.people, FTX) !

  RE: Brickfest '03 Presentation: "Building Big"

(...) TJ, you'll be glad to kow HP is back in the calculator business with they new and improved HP49. The supplier of the Saturn CPU end-of-lifed it, so HP did a very smart thing. They wrote an emulator for the ARM and then moved all the code they (...) (21 years ago, 16-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.build, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Brickfest '03 Presentation: "Building Big"

I have uploaded my presentation, "Building Big", to my website. You can download it from this page: (URL) also made available a document with my presentation notes. The presentation will make a lot more sense if you read them :-) Most of the (...) (21 years ago, 14-Oct-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.build, lugnet.events.brickfest) !!

  Re: Puppy Mecha - F.I.D.O.

(...) Thanks. My motives are easy; I like seeing lots of stuff at these events, it sounds like shipping would be a bear, it looks like I got the necessary parts, and (selfish bit) it looks like tons of fun to play with! But I'm kind of a believer in (...) (21 years ago, 8-Oct-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Puppy Mecha - F.I.D.O.

(...) So I've got a bit of time then. I actually sat down last night and modeled it in MLCAD, but before I could save it I got an infinitely looping error message and had to abort the program and lost the lot :( (I know - you'd think a professional (...) (21 years ago, 8-Oct-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Puppy Mecha - F.I.D.O.

(...) maybe. Ok, mostly. The adrenaline is still flowing. Working on the bills and the post mortem now. (...) We mech(a) heads got to stick together don't cha know... Plus, the thought of playing with the pup just sets me to giggles. or is it (...) (21 years ago, 8-Oct-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Puppy Mecha - F.I.D.O.

(...) 13-15 February 2004 (note, that's not what Mark said, but he's to be excused, I bet he's still a bit fried from NWBrickCon) See (URL) and specifically (URL) also (URL) events.brickfest The notion of building models on behalf of others so that (...) (21 years ago, 8-Oct-03, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BrickFest PDX 2004 Tell-a-Joke Animation Competition

The BrickFest PDX Tell-a-Joke Animation Competition will involve the animation of a joke or one-liner. The joke should be appropriate to all audiences. The jokes need not be original and may be taken from joke books or other sources. The Use of Lego (...) (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BrickFest PDX 2004 "History of Flight" Animation Competition

BrickFest PDX 2004 "History of Flight" Animation Competition The BrickFest PDX Animation Competition will be a themed competition among animators illustrating stop-motion and computer-generated techniques. The Theme of the Contest "History of (...) (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Starting a Robotics Club at a University

(...) Hi Henry, As promised, here's the presentation files: (HTML) (URL) is the slide deck from the "Organizing Robotics Challenges" presentation given at BrickFest 2003. I hope you and others find it useful! Calum (21 years ago, 13-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Announcing: SCIBRICK

Crossposting this to more groups. FUT to .scibrick. (21 years ago, 6-Sep-03, to lugnet.aquazone, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.space)

  Re: BricksFest PDX CD-ROM Creation Call 4 HELP

(...) BUMPING and x-posting to announcement to see if a broad range of viewers sees my post for help. I know it's only been a week since my original post but I want to make sure I have all my "ducks" lined up before the event and the sooner I get (...) (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  BricksFest PDX CD-ROM Creation Call 4 HELP

Hello all, I've be honored with the task of creating next year's upcoming west coast conference (BrickFest PDX) CD-ROM. For those of you that attended BricksWest 2003 you know what the CD-ROM contains: all those goodies. =) For BF PDX while the (...) (21 years ago, 25-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BF Lost and Found thread

(...) Hi Larry P, While I was unpacking I found one of your green baseplates and I'll hang loose to see if a personal meeting comes by soon as per your suggestion. Brian (21 years ago, 20-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Brickfest comments & photos

Photos first, if you are interested. (URL) was my first Brickfest. It was fun to meet some of the folks who use BricxCC for robots and for trains. I had planned to enter the sumo competition but I got way too busy with kids starting school and with (...) (21 years ago, 18-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BF Lost and Found thread

(...) Hold off, let's see what else turns up... Plus, an in person handoff may well be possible, who knows. (21 years ago, 18-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BF Lost and Found thread

(...) Larry, I found two straights with orange painted dots on the bottom. My track has redish dots painted on the bottome so I can see how someone packing my track could have made the mistake. I'll drop them in the mail to you. jt (21 years ago, 18-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Dylan's 200 BrickFest 2003 photos

(...) Thanks Steve. I've changed the description on the web site for the competition photos. Dylan (21 years ago, 16-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: Scratch and Dent Sale Bargains

(...) I can't compare to previous years, but I also found some disappointment when I learned that the damaged Imperial Shuttle I picked up was missing the one part I really hoped to get: The rare mini-figs. The damaged Republic Gunship I grabbed (...) (21 years ago, 16-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Scratch and Dent Sale Bargains

(...) I must also concur that the "damages" this year were many degrees worse than in past years. I believe this is because the ones this year were actually *returns* from the LEGO Kiosks whereas in the past we received product that was damaged in (...) (21 years ago, 16-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Dylan's 200 BrickFest 2003 photos

(...) Great pics Dylan! Looks like you guys had a great time. I hope to make it to next year's BrickFest. Joe (URL) (21 years ago, 16-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Dylan's 200 BrickFest 2003 photos

(...) Dylan, Very nice pictures. I think those are the best I've seen for the Pipe Racers and Sumo competitions. However, you may want to change the captions. Both the sumo and maze events were completly put on by John Barnes (with a tiny bit of (...) (21 years ago, 16-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Dylan's 200 BrickFest 2003 photos

Hey everybody... Here's my photos from BrickFest 2003. This was my first BrickFest and I'm new to returning to the LEGO hobbie (thank you Star Destroyer), so I tried to take photos of everything for my own good and for those who couldn't make it. (...) (21 years ago, 16-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Scratch and Dent Sale Bargains

I've always gotten something at the Lego Outlet during Brickfest and this past year was no exception. I limited my purchases to a few of the smaller HP clearanced sets. One of the sets I bought was 4705 Snape's Classroom. I got it for 50%, or $10. I (...) (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest

(...) Absolutely, though I probably won't be there next year. Thanks Christina, Stephen, Denise and everybody else, with a special shout out for Megan - how tedious must it have been to sit at that desk while everyone else was getting among the (...) (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: veni, vidi, vivus!

(...) I looked all over for some Blu-tack or something I could put my plate on the wall with - I suppose yours could have been on the other side down by the skirting board in the main auditorium room ;) (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brickfest 2003 Set-up Pics

(...) Pics from Saturday are now up as well. (There's a folder marked Sunday, but sadly, I did not get any pics on Sunday 8---( Here's the link: (URL) also wanted to say that I had a wonderful time, despite constantly losing track (TRAINS!!!! (pun (...) (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Clean up on isle 7

Hey Brickfest LEGO Outlet shoppers! I'm like, this real impatient guy and some junk? So I was like figuring that when, like, some of you who like, had their LEGO Outlet purchases shipped back to them, that like, maybe you could post to tell, like, (...) (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: BF Lost and Found thread

(...) Maybe. My theory is that it would make the NELUG quarry a lot more reliable. I've *never* seen so much fiddling. The crowd loved it though. (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest

(...) We had a great and memorable time this year. It was wonderful! Thanks to you and the other organizers, planners, sponsors, and anyone else that helped out to make this a great event. Hope you can relax and enjoy a quieter life, for now :-) (...) (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BF Lost and Found thread

On 03.09 8/15/2003 +0000, Larry Pieniazek wrote (...) There were 2700 soccer balls in the big container... funny, since we didn't plan it to come out with a nice round number like that. :-) As for _uses_ for soccer balls... that number may be (...) (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BF Lost and Found thread

(...) More than you can imagine. Er, I think it was 2500. (the winning guess, IIRC, was 2501 and that was said to be one off)... But I forget. WubWub knows I think. (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BF Lost and Found thread

(...) What was the final number? Just curious... -Rob. (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest Pictures Up Now

(...) Yes, here he is: (URL) the appropriate levels of "majesty" radiating from him. (visible in the reflection) Given the size of that flame, someone must have just stomped 10 peasants. Or more. (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Announcing the winners for the BrickFest 2003 Animation Competition

After taking a few days to recouperate and to find the small slips of paper I wrote the winners on (no mistakes this time), I am ready to announce the winners of BrickFest 2003 Animation Competition. In the category of Best Technical Animation the (...) (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.animation)

  Re: veni, vidi, vivus!

On 00.04 8/15/2003 +0000, Ross Crawford wrote (...) They'd have to put their plate on the back... and upside down... :-) --- wubwub aka stephen f roberts wildbrick.com - Jain's Guide : Promoting more than just the MOC (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: veni, vidi, vivus!

(...) Just a question regarding this: (URL) someone were to attend from, say, Australia, where would they put their 1x1 plate???? ;) And thanks for your thoughts regarding the event - it's interesting to hear other opinions. There have been (...) (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Note to self: poison ivy is a real drag..

(...) Suz, as me and my little brother are very susceptible to poison ivy, and my little bro works as a counselor at a summer camp, he's prone to it. There's a new product out there that works wonders--it's expensive, but it works in no time (...) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest Pictures Up Now

(...) Forgive me for not posting sooner..while gone from home the week before Brickfest, a power surge killed my modem (via phone line)...Scott (Q)...nice work...and next year, hopefully, I'll be bringing my own space MOC...and it ain't gonna be (...) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest thoughts and pictures

(...) um...Jon, maybe it was another Scott? I didn't bring anything to BF this year, as I had to do some training a few days before the fest and there was no space on fellow NGLTC members' trucks.... Scott Lyttle (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest Pictures Up Now

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Jon Palmer wrote: (snip) (...) I thought Mr. Lyttle looked a >lyttle< familiar... -Scott Q * who's allowed to give people grief about their last names, 'cause boy has he been there. (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: veni, vidi, vivus!

I can't even begin to list all your names, (...) and (...) is there a photo of the sign at carpools? I haven't seen it yet! -tk (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:HJMoMD.DsE@lugnet.com... (...) (URL) > this>?¬ James Wilson¬ (...) Yes, though the credit all goes to Dave Eaton who created the setup. Also, "buried" was a treasure chest and a (...) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest Pictures Up Now

(...) NELUG castle montage, I think. Also featured Trogdor. (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest Pictures Up Now

Where the heck was (URL)? James Wilson Dallas, Tx (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Note to self: poison ivy is a real drag..

..especially on 7 hour car drives. I got home yesterday. Back when I was a kid, I was the one who was always immune to poison ivy. Lucky me. Unfortunately, it has apparently caught up with me. Beginning late Sunday, what I thought were mosquito (...) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest Pictures Up Now

(...) DOH! You're right. That's Scott Quirk. /me slaps forhead. Sorry Scotts! [ j o n ] (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest Pictures Up Now

(...) Jon, This isn't Scott Lyttle: (URL) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  CNN Montage, In case you missed it

I took the screen captures that Kevin has posted and combined them into the following. (URL) VW (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BF Lost and Found thread

(...) Me too. I didn't think it was an odd one but after what Jon Palmer said, it must have been. :-) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest Pictures Up Now

(...) Hey Jon, Thanks for putting in the captions. It's nice to be able to match faces with some of the names I see every day. Bruce (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BF Lost and Found thread

(...) So are you going to be filling your hoppers with soccer balls... Gosh, I hope someone got a picture of your expression... Frank (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BrickFest Pictures Up Now

(...) (snip) My pictures have been modded. Check em out: (2 URLs) j o n (URL) zemi.net> (URL) the-shipyard> (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space, FTX)

  BF Lost and Found thread

Hi, I'm back at last, after doing some other neat stuff (National Air and Space museum in DC, Dorney Park in Allentown PA, and Cedar Point in Sandusky OH), we finally got back on Wednesday nite. What a rush. More fun each and every year. Thanks all! (...) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: veni, vidi, vivus!

(...) The feeling was mutual! (...) I don't think you're being pessimistic on this topic, Hendo. You're very right. We all get into this hobby for our own reasons. But going out and getting in the public isn't just about getting free stuff. I know (...) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest

(...) No, Christina, thank you. You did a great job. Can't wait for next year, wherever Brickfest may be!! Joe Meno (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  BrickFest

WOW! I'd just like to thank everyone that participated, and those that could not attend but helped out, for making this the best BrickFest ever! I had a great time. I'll try to put more of my thoughts together when I have a chance and I'm not sure (...) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: veni, vidi, vivus!

Thanks for posting pics. (and that goes to everyone that has done so as well) I think this one: (URL) the best 'everything at once' pic I have seen. May I wish I had been able to see that in person. Next year by golly, next year. -Mike Petrucelli (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Thank You Margaret Keys

(...) I was trying to remember who the other person was :-) That was pretty impressive to have two folks from different locations on the West Coast on the same flight without any attempt to coordinate... And we probably would never have figured it (...) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BrickFest 2003 Followup Survey

I just sent out a message to everyone who made it to BrickFest and wanted to follow up here just in case we have your email wrong ---...--- Thank you for being at BrickFest 2003. To help make next year even better, we hope you can take a minute to (...) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events)

  veni, vidi, vivus!

I came, I saw, I built! Here are my pictures and comments from BrickFest 2003! •General Pics and folders to the rest (after moderation): (URL) of my favorites: (URL) story behind this is that they had a bubblegum machine that you could put four (...) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.general)

  Re: My pics from Brickfest

(...) What pray tell is this one?: (URL) don't recall seeing that display... -The Galactic Mediator (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space)

  Re: My pics from Brickfest

(...) Thanks Bram! I'm working on another one, this time a more overhead view of the whole base. Though i think it might have been easier to lug my stuff down and set up a green screen than trying to clean the background clutter out of some of these (...) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Thank You Margaret Keys

(...) I was on that flight!!! It so sucked, but at least we got to eat :) Jen (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest thoughts and pictures

(...) Goulet. (...) And from Hawaii:)! (...) Thanks! (...) You are going to have to tell me about this one.... (...) I had a blast! Joe Meno (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  WOAH thats a big moonbase

Thats, what, 1000 times bigger than my current record of one module at once :) Anyhow, mabie you should try and set a record for "the largest lego moonbase ever assembled" :) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space)

  Re: the pirate keyboard

(...) OK... Good point. (And better enthusiasm) :) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: the pirate keyboard

(...) Ah, but there are no A's G's or H's on that keyboard, so . . . RRR...RRR!!!...!!! Bruce (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest thoughts and pictures

(...) Whoa! (URL) Meno (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest thoughts and pictures

(...) Indeed. To those in the know... (URL) I'm out of the loop, apparently. My email address is above. And to those not in the know... stay tuned! Felix (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: the pirate keyboard

(...) C'mon Bruce, you can do better than that, or I'll have ya swabbin' the deck... (takes deep breath, and lets out a foul roar) ARRRRRRRRGGGHHHH!!!!! :) Ben (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: the pirate keyboard

(...) R! Bruce (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  the pirate keyboard

in recognition of the great Pirate game we had this year. The Pirate Keyboard: (URL) stephen f roberts wildbrick.com - Jain's Guide : Promoting more than just the MOC (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Moonbase corridor help?!

(...) Thanks to Ken for providing the extra corridors...They were quite useful. --Bram (2 URLs) Bram Lambrecht (URL) www.bldesign.org> (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: My pics from Brickfest

(...) Ooh, nice job on the 1moonbase.jpg PS'd photo. --Bram (2 URLs) Bram Lambrecht (URL) www.bldesign.org> (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact