 Events / BrickFest / 1996
Re: Note to self: poison ivy is a real drag..
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Thu, 14 Aug 2003 21:17:42 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Suzanne D. Rich wrote:
..especially on 7 hour car drives.

I got home yesterday.

Back when I was a kid, I was the one who was always immune to poison
ivy. Lucky me. Unfortunately, it has apparently caught up with me.
Beginning late Sunday, what I thought were mosquito bites from working
outside, revealed their true horrid selves and quickly spread up and
down both of my arms and legs. What a mess! Itch. Itch. Itch. I look
really gross.

Anyhow, It has me hurtin' and useless for a couple days.  ..trying
every pharmacy product and home remedy, to get some sleep.

grrr..

bad plants.
bad.

[sigh]

But BrickFest was awesome. I had a really fun weekend. I hope to post
some of my own pictures, stories and thoughts, once I've had time to
reflect and recover.

-Suz

Suz, as me and my little brother are very susceptible to poison ivy, and my
little bro works as a counselor at a summer camp, he's prone to it.  There's a
new product out there that works wonders--it's expensive, but it works in no
time flat..it breaks the bond between the oil in the plant's secretion and the
skin.  It's something like 40 bucks an ounce, but it works great! Think the
product is zanfel (www.zanfel.com). It's available at CVS, Rite Aid, and other
places..

Scott Lyttle