 Events / BrickFest / 2038
Re: Brickfest PDX Hotels
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 2003 03:21:31 GMT

"Scott Lyttle" <datafx7@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:HoB4os.1EAA@lugnet.com...
Can any locals comment on the state of the hotels around the Portland • Convention
Center?

I've noticed the Holiday Inn is now apparently a Red Lion.

The Inn at the Convention Center apparently used to be Best Western, got a • 1
star rating, and Best Western Dropped them.  Red Lion bought the Inn and • got the
placed fixed up a bit and is trying to get people back.

Does anybody know what these hotels are like?

Scott Lyttle

I'm not a local but since the company I work for is based in Portland I get
there quite a bit and I am always in a hotel.  My experience with Red Lion
Hotels is each one seems to be different.  Over the years I have stayed in
five or six different Red Lions Hotels (between Portland and San Jose).  I'm
not sure if I have stayed at the one you are talking about but I have stayed
in one in downtown Portland (although I believe it was on the other side of
the river from where OCC is) and it was a dump and I would never go back.

YMMV but I am not a big fan of Red Lion Hotels.

Mike

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com