 Events / BrickFest / 2014
Re: Scratch and Dent Sale Bargains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Sat, 16 Aug 2003 04:46:42 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Thomas Main wrote:

and it was missing a whole slew of parts, though, including most of the
bits I actually wanted (cauldron, ladle, figs, cups, etc.)  Anyway, I

I must also concur that the "damages" this year were many degrees worse than in
past years.  I believe this is because the ones this year were actually
*returns* from the LEGO Kiosks whereas in the past we received product that was
damaged in the warehouse or similar places.  I am not a LEGO employee however,
so this is all conjecture on my part based on info that I have heard which may
or may not be true.

I am in the process of sorting out the sets that I purchased and have not come
accorss anything that is obviously wrong, such as sets with loose bags.
Preliminary checks indicate that nothing obvious was missing either.

My brother, on the other hand, opened one of his "damaged" Star Wars Cloud Car
sets to find that both pods were fully assembled, but the interconnection
between them was missing.

In 2001 I purchased a "damaged" Star Wars Snow Speeder set that showed no
external visible damage and did not appear to have been opened.  Upon opening
it, however, all of the pieces inside were warmed and melted.  It looked as if
someone had put the box in the microwave for a while or something.  As it was
only $10 out of a rather large purchase, which I had gotten at a significant
discount, I was not too concerned about it.  Had it been the only set I
purchased I may have been a little bit upset!

Troy