 Castle / 17682
  Castle Builder's Guild

Hello fellow castleheads, I am pleased to announce a new castle website in the process of being put together this fall. Earlier this summer Lenny Hoffman and I agreed that it would be nice to have a castle website that served several missing (...) (21 years ago, 11-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Builder's Guild

I'm not sure I understand why any of these things need to be done outside the boundries of Lugnet and Brickshelf. Could you better detail the reasons to have a new site and why it should be independent of the existing community here? I was thinking (...) (21 years ago, 11-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Castle Builder's Guild

(...) Thanks for your feedback. You raise valid points. At the very least we would like to make a site that features custom castle creations, interviews with builders, and free custom instructions. We may or may not expand beyond that. It depends on (...) (21 years ago, 11-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Castle Builder's Guild

Hi, I agree with Richard - no time to visit much more pages - especially no further forum ! "buy, sell, trade" and of course the "interview's with castle builders" will be nice on a page. Did you visit the (URL) ? That's an exelent design of a (...) (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Builder's Guild

Hi, I really like the idea of a castle related community site. I think times have changed, if you want new people in the castle community, you'll get them in easier via a website and forum, lot's of people can't find their way to newsgroups. A forum (...) (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Builder's Guild

(...) Please, please don't setup something like FBTB. I really think a forum like that is vastly inferior to Lugnet's setup. I like Star Wars and LEGO, yet I never participate over at FBTB. IMHO, that kind of board, is not as friendly as Lugnet. Why (...) (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Castle Builder's Guild

"Jason Spears" schreef in bericht news:HJI91I.IyA@lugnet.com... (...) It's the way you categorize that is important, you don't need 12 categories to run a forum. I agree, never use a bravenet forum. It's the style of forum that I like, not (...) (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Builder's Guild

I think I will have to agree with most of the replies so far, that simply gathering things that already exist elsewhere on the internet is not really enough to warrant the making of a new website. And to be honest, with Lego not producing the (...) (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Castle Builder's Guild

(...) I concur wholeheartedly. I have better things to do with my life than deal with a Web interface to discussion groups. LUGNET's NNTP interface lets me quickly read all the newsgroups in which I am interested (ack, 52?) without missing a (...) (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Builder's Guild

Wow, I think that I have opened a big can of worms :) I have read everyone’s responses so far. Here are some of my thoughts. How about a compromise? A castle site similar to ILTCO could be set up. It could link to current lugnet.castle threads, (...) (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Builder's Guild

(...) I didn't say this before, but I should have. The ideas above have a lot of merit. I think offering the features above would be great. (...) I think if a valid case was brought to Todd or Suz's attention, then it might be possible to get a new (...) (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Castle Builder's Guild

(...) Personally, and I think at least a few people within the castle community (based on the questionaires from the roundtable discussions, and from the on-line community, that this would divide the already splintered group. My goal would be to (...) (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Castle Builder's Guild

(...) You should take this discussion in any direction you like, there are no rules. As it stands, I was just now realizing (again!) that I have yet to finish the CW Isle of Mist archive. In my case I'm just cleaning up the html code left for me by (...) (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Castle Builder's Guild

(...) Could you amplify on this point, to be honest I'm not sure what you are getting at. Speaking as someone that has been banned on Lugnet before, what could have annoyed people about Lugnet such that they left? I seem to remember one annoying guy (...) (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Castle Builder's Guild

. (...) I think there are some (I might have to do a bit of research on this) that have felt the posting requirements (getting authorized to post, etc.) annoying. Some also have posted on LUGNET and have not received the praise for their creations (...) (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Castle Builder's Guild

Richard, My comments reside below among your own. (...) I think this may be an effort to organize in a way similar to what other SIGs (Special Interest Groups) in the LUG community have done. For example, I know the Castle Sig spoke about "Castle (...) (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Castle Builder's Guild

Ben, My comments are below yours. (...) I like the idea of an (URL) or an (URL) site. I think it is overdue for the castle theme. It would be a great place for a standard to be created and diseminated. After looking over you post and taking a look (...) (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Castle Builder's Guild

(...) Well, the web interface with FTX posting allows for images within posts -- that should encourage some. You can deep link to brickshelf and others can see what you built immediately via an FTX image embedded post! To me the point is to share, (...) (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Castle Builder's Guild

(...) Brickshelf. And you could do that here via FTX image embedded posts. Someone could do a sidebar of instruction links from a castle subgroup called "lugnet.castle.instructions". Just as their could be a subgroup called: (...) (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Castle Builder's Guild

(...) Hey Hop-Frog, If you're looking for someone to pick up the reigns of Castle World, I'll be happy to take up the yolk of responsibility for it. I'm jobless right now, so I've got a lot of time on my hands, as well as a very dedicated and (...) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Castle Builder's Guild

(...) I really like www.iltco.org and think that we should model a castle site after it. (...) Originally, Lenny and I wanted to do both but now I agree with you. There should be one site for the castle community and another featuring custom (...) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Castle Builder's Guild

(...) Thanks. :) (...) Lugnet.castle is probably not large enough to have subgroups yet. It could, as others have mentioned, split the community even more. We really do not have that many posts per day so it is not a big issue. (Although, I am proud (...) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Castle Builder's Guild

(...) Agreed! After spending several hours looking into the differences between Castle Town and Community Castle I believe I have a concept for the difference. I think that the standards for each support the other. I would be nice to see a large (...) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Castle Builder's Guild

The following private correspondence took place today via email. It is posted here in the spirit of openness and to further conversation about castle group projects. Subj: Castle World Date: 8/13/2003 1:27:45 PM Pacific Daylight Time From: (...) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw, FTX)

  Re: Castle Builder's Guild

(...) I am not sure if we are thinking along the same lines. When I said that there should be a community castle site I was not thinking of a "castle standard page" but a website similar to iltco or fbtb. A site with many different castle related (...) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  CastleWorld Website (was re: CBG)

Richard, First let me say that I'm glad you stepped into the CW admin role when you did, and am glad the site has been preserved. But I don't think we need to respect the wishes of people who haven't been apart of the community for 1 year +. Nothing (...) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw, FTX)

  A happy Medium resolution to Castle World.

<Snippage> Anthony Sava's original message to Richard Marchetti: (...) I don't find it too bad. The overall site navigation is fine. The initial welcome screen looks flat and slightly boring. The artwork is fine, though. The real problem, I find, is (...) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: CastleWorld Website (was re: CBG)

(...) I only want to preserve the existing CW as an archive, that's all. (...) No compromise is necessary, we could start from scratch. It could be totally revamped -- a NEW Castle World. (...) Yeah, I have to agree. (...) Two problems here: a) we (...) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw, FTX)