 CAD / Development / 374
Re: Java LDraw/LDLite
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 16:21:03 GMT

Greg Williams wrote in message <36D6A432.8476B943@mindspring.com>...

I've certainly got the skills to write this program.  All of the above • features
I've already done in java in some fashion, except for 3d display.  I've • done 3d
graphics before, but I've gotten somewhat rusty.  I'd like to see someone • else's
source code for drawing a DAT file (ldlite comes to mind) to use as a guide • for
making a java version.  The only downside is finding enough time to do it. • As
long as I have enough motivation, though, it can become my top priority • free
time activity (as opposed to playing a computer game, as has been my main
activity lately)  :-).

Greg, this would be awesome.  I think we need an option like this for Ldraw
to really take off.  Just think how many AFsOL could be brought out of their
dark ages by being able to easily download a cool model they find on the
web, turn it around to see all sides, all without installing any software,
parts libraries, etc.

If you are capable of this, and could somehow find the time, I can't imagine
a better gift to the Lego community.  Go for it!

-John Van