 CAD / Development / 547
Re: Java LDraw/LDLite
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 1999 12:27:20 GMT

I got the source code and tried to compile it using Sun's Java.  Unfortunately,
the code is using proprietary Symantec widgets, so it won't compile.  I wasn't
able to get it to run using jre, either, Todd.  You didn't do anything wrong.
Using the JDK 1.1.7 I'm not able to view the jldraw.jar file, either.

Todd Lehman wrote:

In lugnet.cad.dev, izzy98@my-dejanews.com (izzy98) writes:
I spent the last couple of days trying to pound out a quick Java Ldraw
program.
Check out the results:

http://members.xoom.com/izzy99/jldraw/jldraw_test.html
[...]

I think I'm 98% there -- I downloaded and installed the JRE and I have local
copies of the jldraw.jar as you suggested, but when I do

   C:\LDRAW>"\program files\javasoft\jre\1.1\bin\jre" -cp jldraw.jar
   izzy.graphics.Tester

I get the error message:

   Class not found: izzy.graphics.Tester

What am I doing wrong?  (I haven't played with Java for almost 3 years; maybe
this is my problem. :)

--Todd

--
Greg Williams