 CAD / Development / 1800
Re: Voting Comments
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 19 May 1999 21:04:11 GMT

Steve Bliss skrev i meddelandet <3741a8a1.20817582@lugnet.com>...

I've thought about writing a function in LDAO to sort a DAT file by
line-type: first the 2 (edges) and 5 (conditionals), then the 1 (may be
edges, surfaces, or both) then the 3 (triangles) and 4 (quads).

Steve

Is that safe for transparent pieces?

I toyed a little with re-sorting some parts to 'outside-in' instead of
'inside-out' to make the drawing faster (minimize overdraw), but then I
realized that transparent pieces would not render correctly.

(I have not really though much about your suggestion, just throwing out a
question)
--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery.htm