 CAD / Development / 1799
1798  |  1800
Special:
[DAT] (requires LDraw-compatible viewer)
Subject:
Spheres in LDLite
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 19 May 1999 20:41:00 GMT

I just noticed that when I view a sphere in LDLite in a front, side, or top
view, half of the edge line is not drawn.  This is true in standard or
wireframe mode.  In LDraw they are all drawn.

I did a little investigation, and it appears to be related to how LDLite
handles a conditional line when one of the condition points lies _on_ the line
between the first two points.  It seems that LDLite draws the line half of the
time and doesn't draw it the other half.

For example, if you look from the front at:
1 16 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 1-8sphe.dat
the edges along the outside get drawn, but the edges of:
1 16 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 -1 0 0 0 1 1-8sphe.dat
do not get drawn.

Maybe this is due to some rounding algorithm or something.  I'm not sure if the
solution lies in altering LDLite's drawing routine, or altering the
1-8sphe.dat.  Something should be done, though, as this really looks bad in
wireframe view.

-John Van