 CAD / Development / 1764
Re: Voting Comments
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 18 May 1999 15:31:35 GMT

On Tue, 18 May 1999 08:31:02 GMT, Fredrik Glöckner
<fredrik.glockner@bio.uio.no> wrote:

BUT: It will make the part look stupid in L3P->POV-Ray, because the
piston will consist of a cylindrical surface below and above the
pegholes, then a jagged surface in the middle, and even holes between
them.  This was what I wanted to avoid by using the partially rotated
1-4cyli.dats.

So what do you want?  Plague or cholera?  ;-)

You can minimize the jagged appearance by using a 1-8cyli.dat around the
hole.  This leaves the minimum amount of surface around the holes to be
jagged in POV-Ray.

And if you rotate all the primitives to center your 1-8cyli parts on the
peg-holes, you won't have mis-matched vertices in LDraw and LDLite.

Steve