 CAD / Development / 1749
1748  |  1750
Special:
[DAT] (requires LDraw-compatible viewer)
Subject:
Voting Comments
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 18 May 1999 03:05:08 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Terry Keller writes:
OK, LDraw elitists,

The voting page is up:
http://hugin.ldraw.org/JJ_Memorial/voting/datvote

It took me a while, but here are my comments on the current batch of voting
parts.  Since others have looked closely at the patterned baseplates, I
ignored those.

2851:  This may be getting a bit picky for this part, but where the peg holes
meet the rounded edge, this surface is modeled as flat, rather than rounded.
As a result, the 1-4cyli.dats do not match up to the 4-4cyli.dats.  This is
mostly noticable in ldlite with shading on.

2854:  There are little gaps on either side of the "canyon" where the axlehole
is open on its side.  I think in the following lines, 3 should be replaced
with 4.
4 16 -1 -1 -10 -3 -1 -10 -3 -1 0 -1 -1 0
4 16 -1 1 -10 -3 1 -10 -3 1 0 -1 1 0
4 16 1 -1 10 3 -1 10 3 -1 0 1 -1 0
4 16 1 1 10 3 1 10 3 1 0 1 1 0

290:  The optional lines got changed from "5 24 ..." to "4 24 ..." creating
some interesting striations on the vertical tube.  This probably happened
during in inline operation.  (Is this bug still in LDAO?)

30093:  Fun piece!  I think edge lines are missing where the outer stems
connect to the inner stems.

Patterned minifig heads:  just a suggestion.  I think using 1-8cyli.dat for
the non-patterned "cheeks" would improve the look of these parts in POV-Ray
quite a bit.  I don't know if the back of the head uses cyli.dats, but it
should as well.

9326p19:  another suggestion.  Chris, if you add edge-line drawing of the
insignia in black before you draw the quads for the stripes, the insignia will
show up better at lower magnifications.

x733:  does this part really have no studs underneath?