 CAD / 260
Re: [LDAO] Editor Feedback requested
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 17 Nov 1998 12:56:41 GMT

Once upon a time, braml@juno.com (Bram Lambrecht) wrote:

A few more...
To make a new model/sub-model, you have to quit and restart.

Good point.

There are a limited number of views - there should be at least 3 more
oblique views: over rear right, under rear right, under front left.

Sorry, I have to disagree with you on this -- it should support *any*
view.  Which is something of a problem for the arrow-key definitions
(which way does the part move when I press the <- key?), but not a big
one.

There are vocal group A members who like to use short keyboard
commands for their activities, the shorter and more powerful, the
better.  But there is also an assumption that some users would want
more mouse-based operations.

i don't mind mouse support, but I think keyboard controls are a must.
They make everything so much faster and improve precision.  (It's easier
to count key strokes than hit something exactly with a mouse.)

Given the constraints of the app (all the editing and interfacing is
in one window, the graphic display is in a separate, non-interactive,
window), mouse support is going to be limited to clicking menus,
hitting buttons, picking the current part-line, and selecting text.
And maybe dragging parts in from the visual catalog.

I'd like to at least allow users to be able to select a part by
clicking it in the display window, but that's definitely out of the
question.

Steve