 CAD / 275
Re: [LDAO] Editor Feedback requested
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 18 Nov 1998 01:03:33 GMT

Anders Isaksson writes:
Steve Bliss skrev i meddelandet <36516ec1.465277@lugnet.com>...

Given the constraints of the app (all the editing and interfacing • is
in one window, the graphic display is in a separate, • non-interactive,
window), mouse support is going to be limited to clicking menus,
hitting buttons, picking the current part-line, and selecting • text.
And maybe dragging parts in from the visual catalog.

You could take a look at BlockCAD, to try out what's good or bad.
BC has both a mouse interface and a (more limited) keyboard
interface (But no textual editing of course).

Good idea.  Thanks for the suggestion.

By the way, why must the graphic window be noninteractive - let
keys have different meanings in the different windows, adjusting
the view when in the graphic window, and ordinary editing keys
when in the text window. Just needs one special key for switching
windows.

Because I'm using LDLite to provide the graphic window.  Without modification,
LDLite won't tell my editor what the user just clicked on.

I'd like to at least allow users to be able to select a part by
clicking it in the display window, but that's definitely out of • the
question.

Couldn't the VEC program send windows messages to the editor with
the piece selection?

Yes, that's what I'd do for adding parts from the VEC by drag and drop.

Oops, sorry, I see now that I didn't read Your post correctly -
why is selection in the graphical window out of the question?

See the above.

I have code in BC for identifying what's clicked on, perhaps You
could adapt some of it? The source is free.

Ooo.  Maybe I *will* take a look at that.  I understand the idea of how that's
done, but I've never tried to actually do it.

Steve