 CAD / 240
Re: [LDAO] Editor Feedback requested
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 15 Nov 1998 19:14:31 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

2 - lugnet.com started out at 80% and I am glad it did. Todd didn't
wait. I'd like to think that a small part of that was my urging. It's
not at 100% yet, there's lots more good stuff to come, I believe, but
it's gotten better already and we all got benefit out of it right out of
the chute.

Speaking as an Industrial Designer :-) something as fundamental as an interface
paradigm cannot be easily changed once implementation is begun.  Not that you
have to have all features working on the first try, but if you get halfway
through the implementation and then discover that your basic interface plan
doesn't work (or worse... works, but sucks), you have to go back and re-work
everything.  We're not talking about "which button does what"... that can be
figured out later for the most part.  What we're talking about here is "will the
program need to do this at all"  which IMO needs to be decided before you start
writing it.

--Kairm