 CAD / 301
Re: [LDAO] Editor Feedback requested
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 23 Nov 1998 13:15:09 GMT

Once upon a time, braml@juno.com (Bram Lambrecht) wrote:

Yes, unfortunately. :( And it gets us right back to the "88 ways to
connect LEGO elements" discussion.

I'd say there are infinitely many ways to attach two parts - rotations
and sliding a plate between a row of studs are two infinites.  I don't
know how you'd handle this- maybe a snap connection with an override
capability?

Make the "hotspot" for the connection a line, and allow the pieces to
slide along the line.

For rods (like flagpoles), the "hotspot" would also allow rotation.

Some sliding connections would allow pieces to slide off the end (like
an axle coming out of a beam.  Some wouldn't (like the 1x2 plate with
side-bar -- clips can't slide past the bits holding the bar to the
plate).

Steve