 CAD / 256
Re: [LDAO] Editor Feedback requested
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 16 Nov 1998 21:09:07 GMT

Steve wrote:
Currently, group A users are faced with a simple, DOS based, keyboard
driven interface.  The main limitations (as I see them) are:

0. Limited to a 640x480 screen area.
1. Only a few lines are visible on-screen at once.
2. Only single-line operations are provided.
3. The parts catalog cannot be left on-screen for reference.
4. No mouse support.
5. The typical DOS-vs-Windowed GUI issues.

A few more...
To make a new model/sub-model, you have to quit and restart.
There are a limited number of views - there should be at least 3 more
oblique views: over rear right, under rear right, under front left.

There are vocal group A members who like to use short keyboard
commands for their activities, the shorter and more powerful, the
better.  But there is also an assumption that some users would want
more mouse-based operations.

i don't mind mouse support, but I think keyboard controls are a must.
They make everything so much faster and improve precision.  (It's easier
to count key strokes than hit something exactly with a mouse.)
--Bram