 CAD / 292
Re: [LDAO] Editor Feedback requested
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 19 Nov 1998 16:32:08 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote:

Once upon a time, sparre@sys-323.risoe.dk (Jacob Sparre Andersen)
wrote:

If you want to use the instructions paradigm, then the
proper solution is most likely to let the user have an
option for handling every line as a separate step.

Wow.  That could mean hundreds of step-images, for large models at
least.

That's why I'd hesitate to use the "instructions" paradigm... I'm quite partial
to the List/line# interface of LEdit.  IMHO it is intuitive and easy to
visualize.  It seems to me that creating instructions sheets are the end
result... so in effect, what you are doing is to force the user into visualizing
in terms of the end result in order to create it.  So you take this model and
visualize an instruction sheet for it, then enter that instruction sheet, it
sort of becomes a "desk-top publisher".  I prefer the "CAD" interface, where you
visualize and input the *actual* object and then when you are done, you can
output it as a set of instructions, or a POV rendering, or whatever.

--Karim