 CAD / *27625 (-100)
  Re: Generating pictures of steps

Hopefully within the next week or two. I've been very busy over the last few months co-authoring a book on LEGO CAD tools. We're rapildy approaching the deadline, so I have little time for LPub. I want to take the time to test it on Windows 98, (...) (22 years ago, 15-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Buffer Exchange and Ghost parts

I have added buffer exgange in my development version. It works except for one problem, the graying of previous steps parts gets messed up. I have to fix this. I also added ghosting and it works fine. I have to clean things up before a release, and (...) (22 years ago, 15-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Buffer Exchange and Ghost parts

(...) Can LPub handle the buffer exchnage and ghost parts? On version 2.0.0.65 it appears the answer is no.. =( -Ahui (22 years ago, 15-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Rocket Launcher with Buffer Exchange and Ghosting  [DAT]

(...) Whoops... that's what I get for changing the old file extension by hand. Thanks Ahui :-) -Tim 0 FILE RL-1.ldr 0 RL-1 Rocket Launcher 0 Name: RL-1.ldr 0 Author: Tim Courtney <tim@zacktron.com> 0 ROTATION CENTER 0 0 0 1 "Custom" 0 ROTATION (...) (22 years ago, 15-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: Rocket Launcher with Buffer Exchange and Ghosting  [DAT]

This is a small mistake in the file Tim.. <snip> (...) THIS LINE MUST BE rl-1ab.ldr. See attached file for the fix. -AHui 0 FILE RL-1.ldr 0 RL-1 Rocket Launcher 0 Name: RL-1.ldr 0 Author: Tim Courtney <tim@zacktron.com> 0 ROTATION CENTER 0 0 0 1 (...) (22 years ago, 15-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: Graspable User Interfaces - 'Bricks' in CHI'95

Neat stuff. Thanks for posting Erik : ) I wonder if one could do something simmilar for much less $ by gutting some USB optical mice and putting the sensor assemblies in a LEGO(R) Shell. Wireless mice would be even better. Hmmmm.. where'd the mouse (...) (22 years ago, 15-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Rocket Launcher with Buffer Exchange and Ghosting  [DAT]

Well... Thanks to Miguel, Kevin, and Michael's example file, I understand this stuff now :-) Just uploading my rocket launcher model with the buffer exchange and ghosting present! 0 FILE RL-1.ldr 0 RL-1 Rocket Launcher 0 Name: RL-1.ldr 0 Author: Tim (...) (22 years ago, 15-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: Fully revised LDraw primitives reference now on ldraw.org

(...) Clarity is already at top. Definitely a reference. Thanks Chris, Damien. (22 years ago, 15-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Graspable User Interfaces - 'Bricks' in CHI'95

Old news but I just found it yesterday: 'Bricks' in CHI'95 Researchers at NTT and U-Toronto try physical markers on a desk as graspable user interfaces. (With help from Modulex.) The 'Bricks' are little cubes on a desk, and their positions are (...) (22 years ago, 14-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Quick clear, Buffer Exchange and Ghost parts tutorial

Wow... I just studied the file, and I'm pretty sure I get it! Thanks Miguel! They do seem like very powerful commands, if you want to do instructions straight from MLCAD, and hopefully with the LPub support it will make rendering instructions with (...) (22 years ago, 14-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: BrickDraw3D 0.4 released

Yippee. I use OS X only now, so I would very much like to see Brickdraw3D on OS X. Anyone doing anything else right now? I am learning Cocoa. It takes awhile to be useful though... James (...) (22 years ago, 14-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: BrickDraw3D 0.4 released

BrickDraw3D came back to OS X 10.1.5/CW8.1 yesterday as a Carbon app. The same old problems exist, but, instead of crashing OS X, they generate nice little access faults which are caught normally in the debugger. There are about a dozen bugs to fix (...) (22 years ago, 14-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Fully revised LDraw primitives reference now on ldraw.org

(...) This is a fantastic resource, far beyond what I'd hoped to see in this regard; I was just expecting a text list. Is it currently possible (or are there future plans to make it possible) to download a zip of all official primitives? I notice (...) (22 years ago, 14-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Teardrops

(...) I gave this a shot... I pretty familiar with bezier curves from using them in CorelDraw, so I used a bezier_spline. Basically, for every segment you want, you create 4 points. The first and last points are the endpoints of the segment, and the (...) (22 years ago, 14-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Teardrops

(...) approximating the character of the curve. Orion emailed me a pointer to the Glob_5 shape in one of the POV-Ray .inc files, and that was quite a help. I played with the vertex sequence, but my liberal arts brain turns to mush when dealing with (...) (22 years ago, 14-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Teardrops

(...) Try creating a lathe object using a quadratic or cubic spline. (URL) Lambrecht bram@cwru.edu www.bldesign.org (22 years ago, 14-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Fully revised LDraw primitives reference now on ldraw.org

This was very educational. I feel less lost now in the P folder. (Note: the reference uses the word 'flout' correctly.) -Erik (22 years ago, 14-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: anim8tor

(...) There is a tutorial in the works for this sofwtare by Arne Peters. The tutorial is completed but waiting the the queue of stuff to be uploaded to the LDraw website. If you are interested or anyone else I can email you the un-web version. -AHui (...) (22 years ago, 14-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Fully revised LDraw primitives reference now on ldraw.org

(...) Wow! Very nice work, thanks for sharing this with us all. (22 years ago, 14-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Fully revised LDraw primitives reference now on ldraw.org

After some considerable delay and many promises to complete this, I have now made available a fully revised and restructured LDraw primitives reference. It is in the reference section of the Parts Tracker. (URL) official primitives are included, (...) (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dev) !

  Re: Teardrops

(...) A good suggestion! Maybe I can play around with a half-sphere, an open-ended cone, and a smaller half-sphere at the narrow end, but I'd kind of like to retain the roundness rather than the straight surface of the cone. I'll have to (...) (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Teardrops

(...) A half-sphere and a cone? (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Teardrops

How the heck do I make good teardrop shapes in POV-Ray? I've tried with all manner of paired half-spheres, but I can't get the right "pinchiness" on the narrow end. I've also tried experimenting with splines and SOR formations, but I can't generate (...) (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  anim8tor

Hi, I know this is slightly off-topic - but well worth sharing. I can't find a single reference in this forum to anim8or. This is a free and powerful 3D modeler and (this is where it gets exciting) character animator for windows. Import your Ldraw (...) (22 years ago, 13-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Generating pictures of steps

(...) When can we expect the new release? I am anxious to try LPub but I guess I will wait for the next release to download again. Thanks. Jaco (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Ring and Axle Hole fit

(...) I have already submitted the fixes for all the axle related primitives to Steve -Orion (22 years ago, 12-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ring and Axle Hole fit

(...) Well spotted. There are some bad approximations to the 6LDu radius 16-agon in the axlehole.dat primitive and these appear to have been carried forward into other derivatives. Looks like a well-bounded project for someone to take on? Two (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Excellent rendering...

Hehehehe, I just saw Jeroen's comment to his render of the 0395-1976 model. Me having great fun with the new radiosity feature!! look: (URL) Happy happy joy joy, Jan F. (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Dear moderator

(...) Kevin, Do not forget that you can also have LPub listed on the www.ldraw.org website. E-mail the webiste with a breif description so that we kow where, what, and who to link to. -AHui LDraw Help Desk (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Smooth surfaces

(...) Actually the meta-statements are probably unnecessary because all the information already exists in the parts in the form of type 2 and type 5 lines. Type 2 lines indicate a hard edge and type 5 lines (or the absence of type 2 lines) indicate (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Smooth surfaces

I know this is an old discussion, but I really like Steve's idea of meta-statements to control this. What would be really cool is to have all the primitives and parts in the parts library have the meta-statements that simply turn smooth triangles on (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Dear moderator

Hello, I recently developed a program that combines L3P and POV-Ray with a graphics user interface with the ability to create step by step building instructions or single images of the complete assembly (like L3PAO). I was wondering if it could be (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: smooth_triangle algorithmizer?

Hi Dave, Heunen Guido pointed this little application out to me. : (URL) been working on a program called LPub that creates building instructions using L3P and POV-Ray, plus single images like L3PAO. I'm going to add the smooth triangle feature by (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Quick clear, Buffer Exchange and Ghost parts tutorial

(...) this (...) services Ah, I was looking for something like that too. Thanks. I will study this further and try to understand. Jaco (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.inst)

Now there is something. I am beginning to understand too. Thanks Kevin! "Kevin Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:H5DvI4.5pK@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.inst)

Great! I will now look indepth into LPub and see if I can get it to work. Jaco "Kevin Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:H5E0tC.Fyu@lugnet.com... (...) will (...) MLCad, (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Generating pictures of steps

I just added buffer exchange into LPub, it fit *very* nicely and took only five minutes. I also just added ghosting to LPub and lsynth. These will be available in the next release. Kevin (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Quick clear, Buffer Exchange and Ghost parts tutorial

(...) Hi Miguel, This is not quite true. Ghosting in submodels works the same whether you are using MPD, or the old fashioned mechanism of LDraw files using other LDraw files as parts. I just studied this behavior in MLCAD and added GHOST support to (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.inst)

  Quick clear, Buffer Exchange and Ghost parts tutorial

Hi, The first you should know is that models with instructions steps that use CLEAR, BUFFER EXCHANGE and GHOST commands generally look really weird when viewed in "Place" mode. Download "waggon1.mpd" from Michael's site at (URL) you'll see what I (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Buffer Exchange and Ghost parts

I've read the explanation for buffer exhange and I think I understand. In view mode, as you "step" through your design, MLCad displays the new parts added in each step. Buffers let you take a snapshot (a picture) of the design as it looks given the (...) (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Generating pictures of steps

I have modified LPub to restore the original pvengine.ini, so as long as the program can exit normally (not crash) it should appear as though LPub never ran. I've got a few things to fix before I release again. Sorry for the delays. Kevin (...) (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Generating pictures of steps

Lpub supports rotation steps, but does not yet support buffer exchange. I've been very busy writing a book, so I'll apologize now for my recent absense. Kevin (...) (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Overlapping polygons - how bad is it?

(...) I don't consider it all that bad. Although I recognize that some (perhaps many) rendering methods will render overlaid transparent areas as darker than non-overlaid areas. But studs drawn in the normal way (stud.dat primitives plopped on the (...) (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Any Oberon programmer here?

Oberon is a development environment originally by Niklaus Wirth (Turing price awarded inventor of Pascal) and can be downloaded here for a large variety of platforms: (URL) reason why I highlight Oberon is because we need a component technology and (...) (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Minifig Generator Plugin for LDDesignPad Version 1.3

(...) Your part records have the following form name:num.dat You add ":" at the end of "name" but when extracting "num.dat" you scan ":" from the start!! As a result I can't extend MiniPart.ini because all unofficial parts in my Parts directory have (...) (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Mini TIE

In my library of LDRAW Star Wars Models, I have a mini TIE fighter that is nearly identical to this, authored by one Karim Nassar, and I acquired the DAT file to it in July '01. And just recently someone else posted a Brickshelf pic & dat/ldr file (...) (22 years ago, 9-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Mini TIE

Nice pic, Orion : ) I posted some to brickshelf last night, but I forgot to mention them. Once they've been moderated they'll be at : (URL) links to individual pics : (URL) Pobursky" <bilthefish@IHATESPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message (...) (22 years ago, 9-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Mini TIE

I've posted a render of this file here: (URL) (22 years ago, 9-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.starwars)

  Mini TIE  [DAT]

I threw together an LDRAW file from Ian's description : 0 FILE m3219.ldr 0 3129 Mini TIE 0 Name: m3219.ldr 0 Author: Jason S. Mantor 0 Official Model 0 ROTATION CENTER 0 0 0 1 "Custom" 0 ROTATION CONFIG 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 Body.dat 1 0 (...) (22 years ago, 9-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets)

  Re: New Santa Fe Render

Looks cool Tim. I'll have to get you and Kevin to show me how this works one of these days. Jeff (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Ring and Axle Hole fit

Is there a reason why the axle hole primitives don't fit exactly to the ring/cylinder/edge primitves placed around them? Is this a program anomaly or decimal place issue? Is there a reason why most of the axle holes are carried to 2 decimal places (...) (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  smooth_triangle algorithmizer?

Hi there: The help file in POV-Ray alludes to a software package that will take care of the normal calculations for smooth_triangle statements, but POV-Ray doesn't give a name. Does anyone have a favorite program for doing this? Thanks! Dave! (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Buffer Exchange and Ghost parts

(...) these (...) OK, Rotation steps are becomming clear now. But Buffer Exchange... it can be such a nice feature. It must be possible to "...display a certain part above the the model first, and in the next step inserted into the model..." like (...) (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Overlapping polygons - how bad is it?

(...) Can't you create missing primitives to solve the problem? /Niels (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Overlapping polygons - how bad is it?

(...) That's the cool thing about LDraw, any part can exist in transparent. -Orion (22 years ago, 7-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Overlapping polygons - how bad is it?

(...) IMHO it is bad if the part can exist in transparent. Alpha-transparency makes any overlapping visible. Otherwise it is harmless. If you have no other solution and the part clearly exists in transparent color(s), then "needs work" in the part (...) (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Minifig Generator Plugin for LDDesignPad Version 1.3

(...) Great! All seems ok now. I only regret the absence of a "x10 increment". Another great plugin that justifies LDDP just by itself. Thanks Orion, Damien (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Art of Illusion 3D Modeler

All: Recently, I've run across a 3D modeler written in Java called Art of Illusion. A URL can be found here: (URL) runs on all three major platforms -- Windows, Unix, and *Mac*. (It does not use the Java3D library explicitly because Java3D has not (...) (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Overlapping polygons - how bad is it?

(...) I don't really see any problem as long as the polygins are of the same color. Some may complain that improper use of overlaps make transparent parts look wierd but I don't think that that's a significant enough problem to prevent using this (...) (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Overlapping polygons - how bad is it?

If, for example, I can use a n-4disc primitive but not a n-4ndis close to it, I may want to let the polygon that touches the disc overlap a bit so that there won't be any bleeding when the part is converted by L3P. How "bad" is that overlap (if disc (...) (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Minifig Generator Plugin for LDDesignPad Version 1.3

I finally got around to fixing the Hat Accessory problems. Get it here: (URL) in this version: 1.3 11/05/02 -Changed color sort order to that of the order of the colors in MiniPart.ini -Added ability to manually enter color number -Fixed the Hat (...) (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce)

  Re: ldraw.org MOTM & SOTM Winner for October 2002

(...) Congratulations Kevin Dixon! You really ran away with the prizes this time eh? Great work. Keep it up. Play well. Tim Strutt 8^) (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: Callin' all numbers

(...) Scala jewelry! TWS Garrison (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Callin' all numbers

Okay, here's my list 10 - Niels Karsdorp (uploading parts as nielsk) * user since 2002 * author since 2002 * parts made so far: several ((URL) primitives made so far: some cones * programs (no particular order): LDView MLCad WordPad LDDesignPad LDAO (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad)

  ldraw.org MOTM & SOTM Winner for October 2002

Kinda late, but here goes: Keving Dixon won both categories this month. A rare occurance, but well deserved. Both his model and scene were excellent. And of course the rendering quality is superior - almost looks photographic. I really need to check (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw) !

  Re: Callin' all numbers

I'm not a big contributor or fixer, but I'm planning on changing that as time allows. 9 - Jack Hawk * user since 1999 * author since 2002 * parts made so far: 1 (more planned for this winter) * programs (no particular order): Vim (using custom Vim (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Callin' all numbers

One of the less impressive parts editors: 8 - Jacob Sparre Andersen * user since 1997(?) * author since 2001 * parts made so far: 1 fix, 1 mock-up * progs: (in no particular order) vi ldglite l2p pov-ray +custom Ada programs Play well, Jacob (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Excellent rendering...

With some personal help from Jeroen de Haan I finally succeeded in making an almost realistic picture. I now need a faster computer!! If I want to make a picture of 1024x768 with AA03 and q=3 settings toghether with LGEO library parts, a simple (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  8466 4 x 4 Off Roader Render/Ldraw file

I just finished this. It's availible at my website: (URL) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Generating pictures of steps

"Ahui Herrera" <jedi_agh@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:H523L4.8Hx@lugnet.com... (...) just (...) also with POV 3.5 the command line box is available on the button bar,you can deletet the text there. Gary (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.inst)

  New Part: 2859a.dat - Train Track Rail Switch Right

Please have a look at this before I do anything more. Is the orientation ok? What version should I use? The oldest (easiest) or the most commonly spread? Is there a more suitable part number (closer to 3228-3231) Is the part description ok? (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Generating pictures of steps

(...) LPub will OVERWRITE your settings anyways so you will either have to re-type yor settings or in the case of most beginners just erase whatever is there. (...) He knows of the issue and is working on it. -AHui LDraw Help Desk (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Callin' all numbers

7 - Bram Lambrecht * user since 1997 * author since 2000 * parts made so far: 3 parts, 2+ fixes, 8+ patterns * progs: (in no particular order) Editpad MLCad L3Lab L3P LDView LDList POV-Ray 3.5 MegaPOV Others occasionally... (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Generating pictures of steps

"Ahui Herrera" <jedi_agh@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:H523L4.8Hx@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) just (...) This solution only works if you don't haven't specified your own settings with the "Set But Don't Render Process". (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Wheels and axles

(...) OK. Go ahead and use one of the numbers I reserved for you. Steve (22 years ago, 26-Oct-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Callin' all numbers

OK, here's my bit: 6 - Steve Bliss (ldraw-nick: sbliss) * author since sometime in 1997, more or less * parts made so fare: Using Windows search, I turned up 187 *.DAT files with my name in them. I didn't try to verify how many of those are (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad)

  Re: We should create a 973c01.dat

(...) Hmm. It might make sense to make a stud primitive for the minifig hips studs. But probably not a subfile. OTOH, there's only one part that uses the minifig-hip-stud. So a primitive is not really justified. (...) Ah. Yes, I could see how that (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Generating pictures of steps

(...) I don't have an example of the Buffer Exchange, I've never used it. The model I pointed to before has an example of the Rotation Steps though. In MLCAD, insert the Rotation Step immediatley after a Normal Step. This will set the view for any (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Generating pictures of steps

(...) it. (...) will (...) MLCad, (...) you (...) the (...) Duane, Do you know how the Rotation Steps and Buffer Exchange exactly work? Do you have some examples? Thanks. Jaco (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Generating pictures of steps

(...) I know that the rotation steps DO work with LPUB, but do not know about the buffer exchange. One example: (URL) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.inst)

  What's best ? storing scans

I'm not sure which way is best to have store my scans (well brickshelf scans) since I started to understand and like Linux I whould like to store them in a ponix like way you all know unix way example: my_scans/ ll/ names_of_theme/ model_number/ (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Track Designer button icons

"Rob Hendrix" <rob.removebeforesen...msltc.org> skrev i meddelandet news:H4z875.4vv@lugnet.com... (...) program. (...) Yes, Resource Hacker is an indespensable tool, but ... (...) ... using pictures and icons without permission is not recommended. (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Generating pictures of steps

(...) Hum.. not sure I have never tried using either with LPub. If and when you do can you please let the rest of us know if they work or do not work. -AHui LDraw Help Desk (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Generating pictures of steps

(...) This has NOT been fixed yet, but the soultion is very very simple. After using LPub and you want to use POV WITHOUT LPUb just open up POV-Ray and click on the INI icon button. A pop-up window will appear look at the command line option text (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Generating pictures of steps

(...) Once I figure out how the Buffer Exchange and Rotations Steps work in MLCad, will LPub do these aswell? Jaco (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Generating pictures of steps

Hi Ahui, I know LPub, but it ruins my POV Ray. Once I use LPub, POV Ray won't work anymore! It has problems with the ini file(s)... Or is that solved in a new version of LPub? Greetingz... Jaco (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Generating pictures of steps

(...) You can use a very simple program called LPub. Here is the link for it. LPUB will creating building instruction images for any LDraw file and will also create the parts needed per step. (URL) Help Desk (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Math problem, please help!

Great! Thanks a lot. I was thinking of some derivata equation. Totally offside. :o) /Tore (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Math problem, please help!

(...) Sounds about exactly correct. Sometimes when I stare long enough into a problem, I just keep trying the same wrong way. :o/ Thanks Rosco! I should be able to calculate the next radius myself. /Tore (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Math problem, please help!

Math can be broken down as follows. origin is x0, y0. radius is r. we know x0=-310. y0, r are unknowns. general equation for a circle: (x-x0)^2 + (y-y0)^2 = r^2 from point one, we know (-50-y0)^2 = r^2. from point two, we know (-30.37- -310)^2 + (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Math problem, please help!

(...) Easy using pythagoras: r^2 = (r-70.11)^2 + (279.63)^2 a little manipulation yields r = 592.70 sound about right? ROSCO (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Math problem, please help!

I have a circle with unknown radius. Origo is at x=-310, y=unknown. One known point is x=-310, y=-50, that's the top value of y. The other known point is at x=-30.37, y=-120.11 I want to know the radius of the circle. It could be somewhere between (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Outsourcing tasks: Who wants to make the Point Switch Tongue?  [DAT]

Manfred? Ludo? I guess I'll be working on the base part for at least one more week... Here's a beginning showing how I want the orientation and also two of the new sub-parts that I will introduce. 0 Train Track Point Switch Tongue Right 0 Name: (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: LEGO animations

(...) There are two common ways of doing animations with LDraw, one is to generate (automatically or manually) one single .DAT-file for each animation frame, and the render them individually to compose a movie. There has been a lot of discussion (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Generating pictures of steps

Hi all, Another post here to seperate the threads. I am making instructions for a model that uses submodels (MPD). But to generate the same proportion renders for all these submodels as individual instructions is hard. Is there a way in MLCad to (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.inst)

  Buffer Exchange, Ghost parts and Rotation Steps

Hi all, Does anyone have example DAT and/or MPD files that are using the Buffer Exchange, Ghost parts and Rotation Steps in MLCad? I do not understand these at all, but I know they can be a powerfull tool in making instructions. No offense Michael, (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: LEGO animations

(...) Read the aniamtion tutorials that I have created on the ldraw.org website. Here is the link: (URL) Help Desk (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Track Designer button icons

(...) Sound like a real must have! Thanks for the information! /Tore (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Track Designer button icons

You can use Resource Hacker and pull the original bmp's out of the program. (URL) soete" <ludo.soete@village.uunet.be> wrote in message news:H4wnJy.CzF@lugnet.com... (...) Holland) (...) the (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  LEGO animations

Heya all ! Sorry if this was discussed before but how can I make some LEGO animations ? I mean animations using LDraw files. What of software would I need ? Thanks. Rene (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact