 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1551
Re: Teardrops
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 14:37:19 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Dave Schuler writes:
How the heck do I make good teardrop shapes in POV-Ray?  I've tried with all
manner of paired half-spheres, but I can't get the right "pinchiness" on the
narrow end.  I've also tried experimenting with splines and SOR formations,
but I can't generate the proper curve for the surface!

Try creating a lathe object using a quadratic or cubic spline.
http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/48/
--Bram

Bram Lambrecht
bram@cwru.edu